Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
One of the back seat belts died today, was strapping one of the kids seats in and heard it make a clicking noise as it retracted, now it will only retract, not pull out, so once I undo it this afternoon to get the seat out again and let it go, its ####ed.

The X Man

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SERIES II SV6 SIDI
Had a heater core go bung in my 18mth old car. Since it's repair (a major repair) a string of other problems have been apparant that weren't there previously. Going back for the 5th time now. No more fkn piece of **** Holdens for me - ever!

V8Lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V Z SII MY 12.5
I had sort of the opposite problem the other day X-man - went to manually turn my fan down and it went to flat-out! Kinda funny - made one hell of a roaring noise :surprise:

Was planning to pull over and do the 'master reset', but after randomly pressing buttons it all started working again. Probaly a Windoze problem I suspect...

This happened to me in my Brand new Oct 2012 SSV-Z ute. less than 200km's on the clock and i hit the fan down button and it went flat out and i couldnt turn it down no matter what it did. After about 50 seconds of trying to fix it it finally calmed down and went back to normal. Hasnt happened again yet but ill definately be letting Holden know at my 3,000km service

TUFFSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SSV
December 2009 VE SSV 6spd manual bought brand new. Now 38000k's, 268 RWKW, VCM Suite edit, OTR CAI, 1" 7/8 Cermaic Extractors, Stainless Hi-Fow Cats, 3" dual exhaust all done by Powertorque in Brisvegas. :driving:

- Under warranty-air con belt and brackets replaced, drivers side door seal replaced, windshield wiper spray hoses replaced twice, steering wheel stitching coming lose near horn. On my third set of rear tyres and second set of fronts.

Few little problems but all round awesome car.

Owned Holden straight 6, V6 and V8's all my life had a V2 Monaro, Holden Optioned, before the SSV.

Still have the first V8 I bought 17 years ago, which is a VB 253, 4 speed Wagon. So yeah love my Holdens and I'm not a toothless bogan either, before you ask....:boxing:

UNLEASHED

Choose your weapon...
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE2 CALAISV/ VXSS/VP SENATOR #021, K4 GSXR600
Rattle, rattle rattle- and the dealer said they put Series 2 strut tops in with the roller bearings, instead of the bush type?? ('07 model SS). Speaker are garbage aswell. Still euforic about the power though so don't care,lol.

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Read most of this thread, decided I had to put up some words
We run 2 MY07 Caprices in Private Hire, so the cars work, and do lots of KM

Car 1: (160,000km so far)
Occasionally does the no accessories on thing on startup, just shut off and restart
Occasionally the seat-belt nag wont shut up, unlatch and relatch, or, rare, shut down and restart
Side trim on driver's seat popped loose early in life, replacement has done again (the one with all the seat switches)
Overhead DVD player quit working, came good after 4 months!
Console sidecovers came adrift, mostly the result of Ham-Fisted workshop loonies fitting the Cabcharge gear
Trunk lock needed replacing at about 110,000 km, the release motor was wonky
Currently investigating possible aircon gas loss, suspect the Condenser
usual front end rattles, mehh, worn suspension bushes etc. A good write-up in the Recalls thread about fixing
When cold, some extra rattles or knocks from below, suspect broken rear engine mount at worst
Failed a Bi-Xenon headlamp bulb, taking too long to fix mebbe caused corresponding Ballast to fail. Both were easy DIY fixes
Various warnings show on the cluster, and go away again if left, altho ESP off has lasted 3 weeks, but a system update resolved many
Generally, very little that you wouldnt expect in a working car

Car 2: (98,000 km)
the console trim item, the seat side trim item as above...
Auto-Headlight leveller system quit (new module needed)
Fuel Door lock allegedly failed but always seems to work (Mebbe a dumba$$ driver before)
Rear engine mount, but thought to be the result of a prang that killed a low-mileage XR6
Cooked a battery, suspected Alternator issues.
Other glitches in the onboard systems similar to Car 1
Exterior mirror 'Puddle Lights' lamp fail, supposed dealer fix, but the lenses have broken and u cant buy em new

In all honesty, for how our cars live and work, they seem to do better than any Foulcan taxi, and the items described above are really only minor

You do get resourceful, I did my own Bi-Xenon replacement in 20 minutes, and found a source for $US60 a pair, not the $157 that holden wants

Most of the service parts (consumables) are cheaper at Holden than on the aftermarket, just not them Bi-Xenons

Even the engine mounts...

Wadda the rest of ya complainin about?

Red Centre Bluey

Reaction score
Members Ride
Caprice WN, Caprice VR
Almost forgot, 1 item that Car 2 has recently shown up with:

A buzz emanating from the left-rear door speaker

The cars have a timer that keeps lights on for a period after shutting down, a courtesy item so you can see your way in the dark...

If I switch off the car, and stay sitting, with radio etc off, you can hear the buzz continue until a faint click is heard, seemingly from under the console, the lights go out, and the buzz stops

Any thoughts?

My Rellim wiring diagram book shows that the timer function seems to be driven directly from the BCM, possibly driving a relay

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
On my 4th VE and no dramas until thurs driving to work our Dual fuel 08 Berlina(90000kms) won't run on gas now.

My fault first 3 are V8's and no dramas must be a V6 thing with the ve......

Tonk_85

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV MY9.5
Just for anyone who have had their harmonic balancer replaced, make sure the aircon bracket and belt is replaced at the same time. When the balancer fails it will bend this bracket out of shape, under warranty this should be done at the same time as the common to fail balancer.

I Love my VE SSV, the 6 speed auto is a bit sloppy and some of the interior is a bit cheap but it drives nice sounds great with some pipes and tows my 1200kg boat with ease.
Cheers Chris :)

Calais-V

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS, VE Calais-V Series II
- Right hand Parker light, the wire has just gone dead... no idea how
- Cars reverse camera wouldn't engage when put into reverse (Fixed by an IQ Update)
- Knocking noise from second to third and third to second etc. (Will get that looked at soon)
- Flip key not flipping (Fixed under warranty)