Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Your VE- What problems have you had

Woollie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 SERIES 2
Oil consumption issue. One cylinder down on compression, valves not seating properly. NEW ENGINE!

phat_6ltr

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SS M6
(Not my car)
07 SV6, water pooling up in foot wells after rain, put in a claim, the repairer tried to replicate the situation by running water over the car at different angles etc to see where it was coming from and they could not find the leak..

Anyone one else have this problem? As the problem was not rectified and has happened again since..

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
On my 4th VE and no dramas until thurs driving to work our Dual fuel 08 Berlina(90000kms) won't run on gas now.

My fault first 3 are V8's and no dramas must be a V6 thing with the ve......

Gas RELAY replaced all good.

brasher

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Just Hit 50,000km today

Knock on wood, I've been very lucky.

Handbrake needed adjusting, slight interior panel gap I wasn't happy with, glovebox latch needed re-aligning. Everything else not a single problem. Seems like I should buy a lotto ticket. I drove this car more or less straight from the dealers to the tuners and gave it hell from the get go, maybe that's the secret :)

petemnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV clubsport
VE 2007 HSV R8 not cranking intermitant start

Car would occasionally not crank, waited a few minutes try again and it would start, usually after been sitting over night,Thought it was key reader at first as when it did fire was all good and started normally. It got worse over the next month. New battery made it better but then started to do it again.
Checked battery connections , neg connect to motor all good. Try starting quickly over and over if it starts or you hear a click check starter.
Finally decided to remove starter to check connections and found loose +ve connection, but as it was a prick to get out decided to change solenoid.
And so far so good :):yahoo:

Attachments

• new solenoid.jpg
    new solenoid.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 375
  • part no..jpg
    part no..jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 366
  • starter inplace.jpg
    starter inplace.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 545

petemnz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE HSV clubsport
VE 2007 HSV R8 reduced power mode code P2135

P2135 Throttle/pedal position sensor/swithch voltage correlation.
Always did it when I was overtaking, I lost power very disconcerting and dangerous.
Pulled out the Acc pedal, clean contacts and thought I had fixed it as it went away for a month or so.
But came back, lucky I have andriod ph, with blue tooth connection to OBD port, so could clear fault on the move and get my power back for the rest of the trip.
But to dangerous and was scared to put foot down, not much fun when driving a V8, So I got a price for Throttle body from local holden dealer $2000 OMG.
So straight on Ebay and got one a week later for $300 from USA.
Fitted in 20min and that has fixed it. Yay no more reduced power or fault codes.

Attachments

• TB old new.jpg
    TB old new.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 448

payney175

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010manuelsv6
Went for 30000ks service and hav a rear main leaking seal

Wongsta

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 SS-Z Ute Manual
Issues with my ute since new (done 1,400km now). Dunno how I didn't pick them up during the test drive:

- Wind noise from the driver side door near the b-pillar (no water leaks though).
- One dead pixel in the centre of the Holden IQ touchscreen. Only noticeable when I look for it so it doesn't bother me too much. I wonder if Holden has a dead pixel policy for warranty claims similar to TV's lol
- The left hand tail gate catch does not engage properly. To get both catches to engage I find I need to push hard on the left hand side to slam the tail gate shut. I have tried adjusting the catch position but still no good.

ASxTecH

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF LSA Maloo
2011 VE Ute. 25 000K

Waterleaking from roof - Had roof lining replaced and sealed
Sometimes coughs when i start it cold
Drivers seats is stuffed, Leather crinkled and foam non supporting
Drivers window rattles if not all the way up or down
Consumes a load of oil

The rest of the list is last owner or me or after mark parts being crap

At the end of the day i love it to bits and still would buy another