Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zac's VY Calais L67

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
alrighty, had another crack at the strip tonight!!!

tried out an idea i had by using a 15psi (74mm) and through the tune limiting the boost to 10psi so basically i would have 10psi off of the launch...

first 3 runs resulted in a 14.5, 14.6 and a wild 16.6 lol...the 16 i stalled it up and got 8psi on the gauge before i left the line so it resulted in a shitfight with traction!

the last run i added more fuel and 2 degrees more timing. stalled up to 1000rpm and let rip. i was up against a bf xr8. left it for dead! a good 3-4 car lengths maybe more!

run was a pb for et and 60ft: 14.2@94mph, 1.97 60ft

shitchea!!

How do you limit the boost through the tune? the bypass valve can be controlled via the solenoid, however the solenoid is either on or off, there is no adjustment that could control boost on a PD supercharger?

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
nice, what tune you running? still got the bigger maf on there?
Hey bud, still running the big maf tune. Just modded to my requirements. Lol went out again Saturday night for the townsville dragway final race. They are now closed :-( ran consistent 14.6 with timing wound back to get rid of kr.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
man the VY l67 vs. bf GT 5.4l vid you smashed it! good work mate :D i bet he went home not very happy haha

Lol, yeah he did a big skid turning onto the return lane. Got to the grand stand, packed his stuff up and left. Lol.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
How do you limit the boost through the tune? the bypass valve can be controlled via the solenoid, however the solenoid is either on or off, there is no adjustment that could control boost on a PD supercharger?

In my vy s/c xdf that The1 made for me. There is a function called supercharger boost limit vs. Intake air temp. So between 10 and 50c I have it set to 70%. Which gives me 10.5psi. If I change it to 50% I get 7.5psi. It works. Trust me :) I have 10psi from about 3000. Instead of waiting for 5000 using a 10psi pulley.

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
In my vy s/c xdf that The1 made for me. There is a function called supercharger boost limit vs. Intake air temp. So between 10 and 50c I have it set to 70%. Which gives me 10.5psi. If I change it to 50% I get 7.5psi. It works. Trust me :) I have 10psi from about 3000. Instead of waiting for 5000 using a 10psi pulley.

Hmmm maybe Nigel can elaborate on how this is working in realtime?

Id be very interested to do this myself, but if it uses the bypass solenoid it wont be possible for me as im not running one.

Cheers

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
yeh that's it. It runs the solenoid on a duty cycle.

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
my 60ft went from 2.2-2.3 using 10psi pulley to 1.9-2.0 so it certainly made a difference! The only con is that the charger is still producing the heat of a 15psi pulley. I've compensated for that with less timing more fuel. It would work the best on a intercooled vehicle.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
what's your overall times like?