Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Zac's VY Calais L67

STL17

Whipit
Reaction score
Members Ride
Raptor charged vp v6 manual
Alls I can say is DANM

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
so today i started taking the noisey/clunky lsd out...took me an hour... not bad with hand tools, on the ground and in the dark i reckon!

350E6ACC-orig.jpg

Monster-VZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VZ Acclaim Odyssey Blue
keep up with the good work mate car looks sick !!!

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
cheers mate, long process this modifying cars business is :p earn some money....spend the money! haha

diff is back in after being overhauled my yours truly (hope it stays together :S). took me 5 afternoons to do. first test and no whine. second test will be on the highway as soon as the misso can shut her trap and get off the phone bahaha

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
so its been a few weeks and still no whine! however its f%^&ing clunking again! very temperamental when it does it! only under light accel and slight turning of the wheels and it feels like something binding up in the rear, or like a flogged out centre bearing (but its not) im thinking its either the axles of diff centre.

i reckon axles because there is alot of rotational free play in them and the diff centre because everything wants to shaft me...

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
ARGHH!!! so FU%^ING over cars! this close > < to just selling the POS and buying a frigging push bike! just found out that my $200 wideband gauge has had the ####! aswell as the vibration/knock/clunk noise coming from the ass end after putting yet another diff center in! aswell as it being fu%^ing slow for the amount of money thats gone into it!

i dont have the money to maintain this bloody trend of misfortunate events! and just an extra kick in the dick i've got the missus on the sideline doing the i told you so routine! sh%tpissF%ckc$nTcocksuckermotherfu%^ertitsfartturdandtwat!

rant over.......

for now

drift-it

Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 Px ranger 4x4
haha cheers zac,

well after having a rant last week ^^^ i decided to put the calais on stands for the week and go over it. found that when the exhaust shop welded up the cat pipes with the twin 2.5" zorst on they made the pipes about an inch to long so when i installed the stock zorst it hit on the lower control arm causing the whole car to vibrate.

also my wideband was replaced under warranty :D

in other news i got a lend of some 235mt streets for the drags if it stops raining. tyres are set on a 8" steelie with a good 2-3 inches dish :D calais looks phat! :D