Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB RS-V Side blind zone temporarily unavailable

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
I've just bought this car today and noticed that I was getting this message
"Side blind zone temporarily unavailable"

Does anyone know how to reactivate it. The manual says go to page 126 but there is no mention of it.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
Sounds to me that a sensor either isn't working or the control module attached to the sensor has lost communication with the sensor and is unable to provide a blind side alert.

I don't think your problem will be fixed by changing a setting. Also as fas as I know the Blind Side Alert system has no settings, it is permanently enabled.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I've just bought this car today and noticed that I was getting this message
"Side blind zone temporarily unavailable"

Does anyone know how to reactivate it. The manual says go to page 126 but there is no mention of it.

you will get that message in heavy rain, mine displays that in heavy rain and i figured it was because of poor visibility being detected from the eyes forward camera.

if it was not raining you might want to ask a dealer about it.

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
Sounds to me that a sensor either isn't working or the control module attached to the sensor has lost communication with the sensor and is unable to provide a blind side alert.

I don't think your problem will be fixed by changing a setting. Also as fas as I know the Blind Side Alert system has no settings, it is permanently enabled.
It may well be permanent but I was reading the owners manual and on page 304 it states it can be deactivated. ??

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
It may well be permanent but I was reading the owners manual and on page 304 it states it can be deactivated. ??

try page 128, it looks like you cant turn it off in the LT or RS

128.jpg

page 305 for future reference
305.jpg

Trevb54

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB RS-V
try page 128, it looks like you cant turn it off in the LT or RS

128.jpg

page 305 for future reference
305.jpg
I got to the bottom of it. It turned out the vehicle had been in an accident and the sensors weren't fitted correctly. Problem solved. Thanks for all the advice.