Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB RSV mud flaps/spats

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Hi all.
Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions for moulded spats for an RSV wagon. I've drawn a blank with both Holden and Vauxhall.
Unfortunately the car will never be popular enough for third-party accessories.
Thanks.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
On the front it'd be easy enough to make some small ones and attach them directly using the scrivets that are already there to hold the guard liner in place - just cut them out of a recycling crate. Need to be fairly small though since scrivets not that strong. And possibly a dab of Sikaflex or similar for extra security. But should be OK since probably only need to stick out about 1 cm and down about 2 cm past sill to greatly reduce roadwash.

On the rear a bit harder since the guard liner sits about 1 cm shy of the edge of the wheel well - nothing to attach them too

That said, unless you're driving on gravel and worried about rocks flicking up and ripping the paint off, most cars seem to tolerate several years of road wash an still clean up OK....

SteveRSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
Gday Matt.
I'd imagine any dodgy homemade flaps that I produced would detract from the cars appearance more than any amount of stone chips ever could.
As you say, perhaps not a big deal as we don't find ourselves on dirt very often.

MattSAU2XR8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS Auto 2007
I made some for my AU XR8 that looked pretty neat, but only being able to do fronts would look odd...