Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

ZB Spare Trye

Alan H

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXR
Anyone know where I can get 20" space saver spare for ZB VXR?

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
A wrecker might have one.

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
The space saver that fits in the cavity under the luggage area is 17 inches. You won't get a anything bigger to fit in there, if that's where you were intending to put the space saver.

The right sized space saver can be fitted by removing the polystyrene packer and placing the sub woofer inside the space saver rim.

Be aware that the VXR has a different stud pattern to the other models. The space saver that fits the LT, RS and RSV won't fit onto the VXR.

I believe the VXR stud pattern is the same as the VE/VF, so a space saver that fits one of them might be what you need.

This thread talks about the stud pattern and shows the space saver tyre in the cavity under the luggage area. https://forums.justcommodores.com.au/threads/punctures.287616/page-8

Last edited:

VZ1_60

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.0L Club
Anyone know where I can get 20" space saver spare for ZB VXR?
g'day, I purchased a 19" space saver spare from a VF (and a manual jack) , clears the brakes ok, however too big to fit in under the floor.

Last edited:

87VLCALAIS

Reaction score
Members Ride
3.8 VY S Manual, ZB RSV
There is no such animal as a 20" space saver spare for the ZB. The 17" one works from a diameter point of view. The overall diameter for the VXR, RSV and RS are the same. A 17 inch space saver fits in the wheel well. The issue is the PCD spacing on the wheel studs. The VXR is diffferent to the other ZB's. It PCD is the same as the VE/VF so the standard ZB space saver won't work.

I think there are after market space savers that have a variety of holes that match various PCD's. One of those might be your best bet.

The VXR is similar to the Buick GS and has the larger brake disks on the front. However the GS uses the same PCD as the other models unlike the VXR. The standard 17" space saver fits the PCD on the GS. If they have a flat tyre on the front with the GS they put the space saver on a rear wheel and move the rear wheel to the front as the space saver doesn't fit over the larger brakes on the front wheel.