Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Tire rubbing sound when slightly turning left

Pitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Hi guys i'm getting a vibration/sound like tire rubbing on the front left wheel when i turn the wheel left about 30 degrees.

Only happens when i'm doing about 60km or faster, and either change lanes, or go around a left bend.

Noise stops when i straighten up and doesn't do it when i turn right. Full lock or turning corners it doesn't make any noises either.

Today i went to the Tire Factory in dandenong and got smaller tires for the front, but it's still doing it.

The car is lowered with 19" rims so i thought it might be that, but after the new tires and still getting the noise it must be something else.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Hi guys i'm getting a vibration/sound like tire rubbing on the front left wheel when i turn the wheel left about 30 degrees.

Only happens when i'm doing about 60km or faster, and either change lanes, or go around a left bend.

Noise stops when i straighten up and doesn't do it when i turn right. Full lock or turning corners it doesn't make any noises either.

Today i went to the Tire Factory in dandenong and got smaller tires for the front, but it's still doing it.

The car is lowered with 19" rims so i thought it might be that, but after the new tires and still getting the noise it must be something else.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers.

Rim offset?
Tires Size?
Is the car lowered?
What were the rims originally on if they are from another model?

etc.

Pitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
I'll get back to you with measurements, the rims have a holden logo on them though.

tires are 245/45 r18 100w XL (whatever that means)

yes car is lowered.

imag0075xp.jpg

CapriciousWL

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL Caprice
Looks more like a VZ than a VY. I would get the steering and suspension checked. Something could have shifted.

Stewlz

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE SSV ute M6
Looks like ve Calais wheels, tyres should be 245/40/18 to fit the vz correctly and not rub on front strut towers.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Tire profile is wrong an offset is possibly a little off...

Pitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY
Looks like ve Calais wheels, tyres should be 245/40/18 to fit the vz correctly and not rub on front strut towers.

ok the 2 new ones they put on the front today are 235/40/18 95W

but its still making the noise.

guess i should take it to someplace like pedders.