Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2nd rookie post of the day!

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
Any tips on unhooking the fuel filter? Got one side off and hooked up the new new one, the "out" side is harder and it won't move regardless of what i use or try! Daytimes running out! help!

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
got to use the correct tool on those but can be done with long nose pliers if careful

HowMat

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Lumina
first time I connected… I didn't do it right, and when I started the car it burst of and pissed out everywhere! Turned the car off and jack it back up in overdrive, and managed to connect it better the second time, made sure it was connected as far as it would go, and tired a few times to physically pull it off and it would not. Pretty happy with it, If I lose the connections on the freeway or something or break down, I'll take some photos, could be worth a laugh! :)

Pretty sure i bought the right tool… bur have NO idea how to use the bugger of a thing…

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
there's a couple of different ones, but had a bugger doing sons vz with him, could get one side not the other

Hrd455

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz v6 ute
Push hose ends in further the push on the two little tabs and pull off filter, spray some wd40 on it first to soften the dirt and crud

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Make sure that you de-pressurise the fuel supply before attempting to remove filter (guess that you already found that out).

dgp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline
imagejpg1_zpsee2e486d.jpg

imagejpg2_zps5d5fc9fa.jpg

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
bah - every time I try that job I end up having a shower of petrol and broken clips. cnut of an idea - all of it :bang: