Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 sensor malfunctioning?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
what one memcal are you running in your ecu? you'l want the adx to match.

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
is yours factory LPG? If so it should be $2A, i havn't seen any adx's for that then, but both $11 and $2A use the same ecu. The efilive that you have working is just for standard $11 i think so it should work, what is happening when you try to use tunerpro? The screenshot above is that on petrol or LPG? as i think the ecu disregards the o2 in LPG.

Checkout the program in my sig, might have more info on memcals for you.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
is yours factory LPG? If so it should be $2A, i havn't seen any adx's for that then, but both $11 and $2A use the same ecu. The efilive that you have working is just for standard $11 i think so it should work, what is happening when you try to use tunerpro? The screenshot above is that on petrol or LPG? as i think the ecu disregards the o2 in LPG.

Yeah - the LPG was factory fitted. I've managed to get Tuner Pro to get data from the ECU, but it looks like the correction values seem to be WAAAAY off - ie it always thinks that the air temp is -40, the coolant temp at -40, Idle is at 180rpm etc.

Checkout the program in my sig, might have more info on memcals for you.

Will do :)

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
i had similar problems myself with tunerpro and havn't been able to fix it yet, i think it's my cable, it was just a cheapie, VL400's ones on delco should work for sure.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
i had similar problems myself with tunerpro and havn't been able to fix it yet, i think it's my cable, it was just a cheapie, VL400's ones on delco should work for sure.

I'm not sure... I made this interface myself - but if EFILive understands everything, then surely its a software problem - as if it was the cable, both EFIlive and Tuner Pro would fail? That was my thinking anyhow...

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
no it's the same for me, efilive works fine, tunerpro spits out weird values, hence me making a properly xml for efilive for the vs

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
The vaccuum hose attached to my fuel pressure regulator wouldn't budge, it's pretty much seized onto the nozzle, the hose would probably break before it pulls off, the hose has some fine cracks in it near where it would attach to the fuel pressure reg. I just pulled the hose off at the inlet manifold elbow end, no signs of fuel in the pipe, primed the fuel pump, no signs of fuel again, so the regulator might be ok.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
The vaccuum hose attached to my fuel pressure regulator wouldn't budge, it's pretty much seized onto the nozzle, the hose would probably break before it pulls off, the hose has some fine cracks in it near where it would attach to the fuel pressure reg. I just pulled the hose off at the inlet manifold elbow end, no signs of fuel in the pipe, primed the fuel pump, no signs of fuel again, so the regulator might be ok.

I'd replace them if you can see any visible cracks... From seeing the difference it made to my VR, it seems any leaks there play hell with fuel regulation...

EDIT: Plus, it's $3 a metre for the vacuum hose! :p

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
I'm not sure... I made this interface myself - but if EFILive understands everything, then surely its a software problem - as if it was the cable, both EFIlive and Tuner Pro would fail? That was my thinking anyhow...

One thing you can try is in Tunerpro go into the acquistion menu and go edit definition then tick RS232 Echo, this can help with some cables.