Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

o2 sensor malfunctioning?

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I'd replace them if you can see any visible cracks... From seeing the difference it made to my VR, it seems any leaks there play hell with fuel regulation...

EDIT: Plus, it's $3 a metre for the vacuum hose! :p

They're tiny tiny cracks, which you cant see unless you pull on the hose, not sure how deep they go either.

Where'd you find the hose for $3 a metre? If i can find hose that cheap, i may as well slice off the old hose and be able to check the fuel pressure reg properly.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
I got mine from Auto One / Rare Spares in Roxburgh Park (Vic)... It's 4mm vacuum hose from memory - they have it on a roll...

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
Ok - so I replaced the o2 sensor today. After that, I hooked up EFI Live and reset the LTFC values. Fired it up, held it at 2000rpm for about 3 minutes. A picture says a thousand words.

o2-learning.PNG

It still idles a bit rough and has a tendancy to run rich on idle (not sure if its supposed to) with the o2 sensor indicating about 600-700mV.

One thing I've been thinking of doing for a *long* time is to replace the injectors - as my auto-elect advised me they were dirty and could do with a clean about 4 years ago... I'd think it'd be cheaper to replace than clean them these days?

Work thats been done so far:
Change plugs
Change leads
Change Oil & Oil filter.
Change Air Filter
Change o2 sensor

Most of it is just regular service stuff (well, except the o2 sensor) - but yeah.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
Hmmm - it seems that now I've gone from one extreme to another.... Now that the O2 sensor seems to be reading properly, I'm getting the "Lean Exhaust" DTC coming up after a bit of driving.

Would this be normal until the LTFC values start building up?

The1

A Memcal a Day Keeps..
Reaction score
Website
www.eyeit.org
Members Ride
VS V6 Berlina Auto
did you disconnect the ecu to clear all learned data? pulling the engine fuse for 30mins should do this.

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
I can't say I did - but I did use the "Clear LTFC values" macro in EFILive. I assume that would do the same thing... Either way, I'll pull the fuse and see what happens :)

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if you have run mostly on gas i wouldnt be surprised if the injectors are a bit gummed up will be the lean code unless you get that code when on gas which can happen

CRCinAU

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Series 2 EQUIPE
I haven't seen it come up on LPG as yet. As I said, the auto-elec I used to use (who has since passed on :undead:) said they needed a clean quite a few years ago.

He was the best auto-elec I'd ever found - he was retired and did it at home for fun. He charged me $120 to replace a sensor and trace the wiring back from ECU to sensor due to a wire break in the firewall. It took ~3 hours for him to find the break - and he ran a replacement wire to the ECU. He then thanked me for bringing it to him as it was a great challenge! I miss that guy.

EDIT: Anyone know anything about injectors on The Bay?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-COMMO...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2c5a652cfa
or
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/HOLDEN-VN-VP...=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item483e3a6d71

others?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
i could send you a set of good vr injectors cheap have heaps of them