Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

idiots on freeways

JMP

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 5.7 Berlina
I get more upset with the amount of people that seem to think cause I drive a Holden with mags that I want to race them. Can usually guarantee that at least once a day some dork tries giving me a race. I drive a V6 cause I'm only interested in getting from A to B if I was interested in speed I would be driving a V8. Never understood why tools in crappy 4 bangers want to try to race anything other than a gopher or guys in big V8s try taking on a stock V6, are they really that desperate?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Im sorry but sitting in right lane saying your "overtaking" a car doing 100kph whilst your doing 100kph doesnt ####ing work so GTFO.

I dirve in the right lane most of my time to and from work i overtake plenty of cars but if someone is behind me in right lane and wants to get past i move over let them pass, How hard is that? do you really needs to be a total self centered prick and hog a whole lane to yourself?

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
Wow you guys have a lot of issues while driving, I usually have no problem but I'm considerate of other people when driving (e.g stay the #### out of the right lane unless over taking)
I remember once I had a guy in a VY V6 busting my balls and tailgating me when I was driving my mates rex, he then tried to race me at the lights.. So I done a 5k launch and put that little bitch in his place, then continued to cruise home like a boss :p

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
2. Undertaking is technically illegal also.

Wrong, it is not technially illegal. It is perfectrly legal to do so when safe. Read the road transport act which covers all of Australia.

Im sorry but sitting in right lane saying your "overtaking" a car doing 100kph whilst your doing 100kph doesnt ####ing work so GTFO.

I dirve in the right lane most of my time to and from work i overtake plenty of cars but if someone is behind me in right lane and wants to get past i move over let them pass, How hard is that? do you really needs to be a total self centered prick and hog a whole lane to yourself?

I think he just wanted to be a hero, I mean, why else would you delibrately hold other people up?

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car
I just don't get how people are so worked up about it. I was in the pool when I was young, about 10 or something, and I smacked my head on the sideo f the pool and needed stitches, so while dad was taking me to the hospital he was overtaking every which way, so if someone is in that much of a hurry where they need to get around you, unless of course for some reason there's 3 or 4 cars in a line blocking the whole freeway, they will just go around you.

maybe he should have called an ambulance

but on another note maybe this bump on the head explains your lack of understanding of the road rules

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
maybe he should have called an ambulance

but on another note maybe this bump on the head explains your lack of understanding of the road rules

i doubt anyone would know every single road rule in aus off the top of their head.
and if they do good on them.

overall there are always idiots on the road.
it will never change as the mentality (attitudes) is still there.

the only thing you can do is to make the road as easy to drive for others without causing them frustration/harm. (eg moving out of others way, leaving space, driving like most L platers pretty much, like you all do when you see a police car =P)
and until every single person in aus can do and understand this then the roads will always be slow (100/110 max speeds), congested for no reason, and there will always be morons who cause problems and issues.

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Yes i see some characters on the freeway every day. Doing 70 in 110 zone, staying in the right lane, sit beside the person over taking for 5kms etc etc. But really funny, a guy in a XR6 trying to race my big white whale wagon last week, revving the **** out of it, then flying past me then slowing down etc. like really ? your penis is that small you need to race a big boat commodore wagon ? lol mean while ill leave my cruise control on and hope for a cop lol

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
i doubt anyone would know every single road rule in aus off the top of their head.

overall there are always idiots on the road.
it will never change as the mentality (attitudes) is still there.

the only thing you can do is to make the road as easy to drive for others without causing them frustration/harm. (eg moving out of others way, leaving space, driving like most L platers pretty much, like you all do when you see a police car =P)
and until every single person in aus can do and understand this then the roads will always be slow (100/110 max speeds), congested for no reason, and there will always be morons who cause problems and issues.

I like to think i know every road rule for the state my licence was issued (NSW). If not i try and find out what the hell that sign was lol Read the RTA web site once a month or so and keep up to date.

Its all here - NSW Legislation

gopher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Car

i would like to think they at least know simple rules like this off the to of their head

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline

Considering all the KEEP LEFT UNLESS OVERTAKING signs are plastered everywhere it should be an easy one to remember as it is also taught when getting your licence.