Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers static noise when on pause or volume 0?

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
I love how I'm the one that's getting attacked when some other idiot who continues to argue an incorrect fact, saying that "it defies physics", despite several references indicating otherwise.

we aren't talking about getting a tingle like from licking a 9 volt battery, we're talking about killing you! its physically impossible! I'm still waiting for you to provide the slightest shred of evidence to indicate otherwise!

Jonah 101

Undefined
Reaction score
Members Ride
R32 Skyline
It is very unlikely to get a shock off 12v, let alone kill you, but I still can hurt you in other ways. Like incorrectly tightening the battery terminals, shorting the terminals with a spanner. Better yet shorting the battery with your watch. In that respect, yes 12v is still very dangerous and thats why un-trained people shouldn't play with it.

If somebody decided to muck with their capacitor in their audio system. there is potentially to kill you.
still unlikely, but incorrectly disconnecting and amp may shock you if you were to have you hand near a terminal. (amps have coils)

Now I know if these were to give you a shock that its far more that 12v, but they are plumbed into a 12v system.

Now back to where this argument started. Yes auto electrics are dangerous. For example if some noob ran his power cable along side their air bag wiring = bloody dangerous!!!!!! Noob not using a fuse = BBQ car!!!

EDIT: dont get me started on Hybrids, I play for anyone who doesnt know what they are doing and do an install on one of those things. Beware of the orange wires ;)

blasta1

Reaction score
Members Ride
07 VE
this is so funny try playing with the terminals on ya battery when they come loose on ya jet ski and your standing in water and your soaking wet mmmmm i feel all tinglie just thinking about it , plus the only tool that can reach my battery terminals is a t-bar so full metal contact , **** i love that sensation .

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
wow i think i need to change the name of this thread?

daNc

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina II
Is your issue sorted yet?
haven't taken it back to them a second time yet might just wait until i take it back to get my 6x9's put in and get them to fix it then

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I think that was talked about earlier on.. hard to tell though.