Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

New speakers static noise when on pause or volume 0?

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
because I like correct information being known! not just some nonsense someone thinks is right, who really has no idea!

The fact of the matter is that under the right circumstances you can shock yourself with any electrical source and cause possibly cause some bodily harm. Therefore it should not be played around with by someone who has no idea. I don't give a rats rear end if you've played with it since you were able to crawl, there are people out there that have absolutely no idea and therefore shouldn't touch it.

/end of that story.

ok appreciate the help, the guy i took it back to was revving it and said he could hear a whine, dont know if he could hear the static or not it doesn't do it 100% of the time, maybe when i take it in to get my 6x9's installed ill make them move the rca cables to the other side.
thanks

Let us know how you go.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
The fact of the matter is that under the right circumstances you can shock yourself with any electrical source and cause possibly cause some bodily harm. Therefore it should not be played around with by someone who has no idea. I don't give a rats rear end if you've played with it since you were able to crawl, there are people out there that have absolutely no idea and therefore shouldn't touch it.

under what circumstance could you ever, get a shock from a 12volt battery.

Please, show me? because it defies physics!

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
under what circumstance could you ever, get a shock from a 12volt battery.

Please, show me? because it defies physics!

You sound like an electrical engineer - annoying.

Just to eat my own hat - today whilst putting in an amp in the work van the apprentice managed to get a shock when holding the 12v feed in his hand whilst brushing the chassis with his wrist - he said it was a mild tingle, less than you get from a phone line.

There you have it kids, you can get a shock, but it's far from fatal.

AmmoJammo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Wagon
the whole discussion was as to whether or not a 12volt battery could be dangerous!

Much like licking a 9 volt battery, of course you can get a shock from it, but its not dangerous (although, I'd advise against licking car batteries) :p

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
the whole discussion was as to whether or not a 12volt battery could be dangerous!

Much like licking a 9 volt battery, of course you can get a shock from it, but its not dangerous (although, I'd advise against licking car batteries) :p

You'd be more likely to die from lead poisoning from licking the battery than you would from the shock. Lol

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Cut a finger on each hand and see how it feels when you touch them on the terminals. No skin resistance, just body resistance which isn't that high. Someone do it, I want to know the result :D

Disclaimer: If you die, this post was just a joke :p

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
You sound like an electrical engineer - annoying.
And funnily enough, next week I start Uni to become one.

Cut a finger on each hand and see how it feels when you touch them on the terminals. No skin resistance, just body resistance which isn't that high. Someone do it, I want to know the result :D

Disclaimer: If you die, this post was just a joke :p

^This, an open wound or even sweaty hands drastically reduce the resistance and can cause bodily harm.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
And yet, already an expert. I pity your lecturers at uni.

I love how I'm the one that's getting attacked when some other idiot who continues to argue an incorrect fact, saying that "it defies physics", despite several references indicating otherwise.