Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Car amps

StoneX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais-V 6.0L
Thanks stone so if I can find an amp that's 150 x 4 should that cover it ..... Forget what brand or maximum watt.....150 x 4 is the figures I need to look at when buying.... Sorry to steal thread I thought I was asking a simple question...(obviously not) .....I already have a system and have installed the speakers and I'm sure the amp I'm running is crap so trying to work out what to get and really don't know much about this sort of stuff
150Wrms x 4 is the optimal power, you don't NEED that much. As KAL SPL said, the Pioneer 75Wrms x 4 would work well but I'd personally look for a little more power. 100Wrms x 4 amps are much more common so that might be a better place to start. Brand does matter, don't buy no name crap from eBay, Supercheap, etc.

Beav

Reaction score
Members Ride
93 vr commodore
I've found a amp. I've put in a post before on this thread

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
Im going to say this as nicely as possible so that 1 day when you do understand where people that are 'in the know' are coming from , if it offends you then I apologise but to understand why those trying to help get frustrated you need to hear this.
3000 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier (CA-AM41200) | FUSION Electronics

Fusion IMO is rubbish , point proven to me is 1 in there marketing , look at th way this amp is advertised on their own site 3000watt , now that in itself is the biggest load of **** that IMO a reputable brand SHOULD NOT do , it will never in a million years even make half that power I dont care how much they try and argue , max ratings do not mean squat , they can do it for aslong as it takes to blink so wtf good is that to anyone.

RMS rating is the power it will make all day long without shutting off , a good indication of what it will make is the fuse ratings , they dont lie.
If it has 60 amp fuse rating its going to make around 500rms (very rough geusstimate).
This amp does not show the fuse rating and does not advertise it either.
The RRP on the amp suggests to me its full potential is about 450rms aswell , if you could buy massive power amps cheap then im pretty sure all the reputable brands would be doing that aswell ....

I can only assume you are refering to the amp in the link given it makes 150 x 4 rms BUT it does that @ 2ohm not 4ohm , they current draw would be double that of 4 ohm and the heat generated will shut off pretty much any amp after a decent ammount of time run at high volume.
I find it very hard to accept it would be capable of 110rms x 4 @4ohm aswell , almost gaurantee it wouldnt be clean sound either just based on personal experience fitting Fusion rubbish.

Take from this what you will but there is a very good reasons as to why cheap nasty products such as Fusion BOSS etc get a bad name when they cant even market their own products correctly.

Last edited:

KAL SPL

Reaction score
Website
www.cardomain.com
Members Ride
Blown VS Calais !!
I have already stated what best suites your needs.

That link is the only 4 channel amp I can find from Fusion with your specs , unsure where you got $600 from but there is no amps on Ebay even close to that price on a regular basis , Im still yet to see all this 'reputable' Fusion range a couple of experts on here go on about ????

Correct me if Im wrong but you are also running Fusion speakers ?
End of the day you can buy the best amp on the market and match their so called 'ratings' but if its anything like the claims on their amps they wont last very long and put money on it they are going to sound like mud.

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
there is a fusion 4 channel amp thats about $600 thats 4x150rms i cant tell you model at the moment but would i be ok buying that......i will post more info later tonight when i get home im on holidays thats why my info is limited

I don't want to be sound rude either, but $600 to run some speakers that cost around half that? It's just a silly idea. Less than $200 will get the job done fine. Music is dynamic (i won't explain that i'll leave it up to you to research) you don't need what ever the thermal handling of the speakers is available from the amplifier. But hey it's just advice, you can do whatever you fk you wanna do :smoking:

But if you do want to take advice, and you want to stick with Fusion too that's fine, the CMA4120 can be had from Ryda for $250 and will run your speakers just fine as will any other 4 ch amp in the same price range. If you think the brands iffy, but a different brand, pick 5 different ones and draw one from a hat or what ever.

It will sound the same whether you spend $250 or $600 to power them, the speakers (as do any) have the own limits, so pocket the change and take the missus away for a night somewhere nice instead. If your at the level where you can pick audible differences between car amplifiers then you've spent a great chunk of your cars value all ready on the speakers and you'd be making up your own mind and not seeking advice.

I've installed a fair bit of Fusion components and i don't have anything bad to say about them. If you spend $70 on a set of speakers (i.e the entry level stuff) then it's going to sound like $70. Fair enough there's some bargains that pop up every now and then such as the Old Jaycar venoms which might out perform them. That's where doing your research will get you ahead.

Last edited:

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
@ Kal, i consider Fusion to be a "reputable" brand. It's available at plenty of places, comes with a warranty, and can be replaced over the counter at some stores, otherwise a local service agent will be nearby, or the manafactuer can be contacted. I rate Fusion equal with any other mainstream brand selling components for similar value. To me it all sounds like rubbish now, but build me a time machine and go back to the day where that was the sort of money i was spending and i'd be happy with the outcome

I'm not saying go out and buy it because it's better than "insert other brand" you will in nearly all cases get what you pay for. I couldn't give a rats ass what brand a component is, i will always buy what i think sounds best and represents enough value for money.

Also consider the caliber of installs associated with the lower end of mainstream gear, in most cases it dosen't do the brand any favours, and that way it's marketed can often appeal to a certain type of crowd that's really only going to make things worse.

I understand also the manafactuers miss leading people with bold claims of pmpo. But you can spend $2000 on a deck and you'll still see the peak output of the in built amp advertised in the spec sheets.

But anyway we all have our opinions and i don't doubt your knowledge or capabilities.

Last edited:

DAZ60L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
thnx guys the amp i was looking at buying is 1400 Watt 4 Channel Amplifier (CA-DA41400) | FUSION Electronics and the speakers that i have already bought and installed and personally think sound really good are FUSION Electronics .....a find that fusion are ok but thats my personal opinion.....the amp im going to get brought over in a shipping container with a lot of other stuff that i have bought from the states. the amp im running i think has blown the rear channel and i have had for a while so im just replacing for the sake of it same as i did with the speakers. when i got ASR audio to install my rca in my ve a bit of smoke came out of the amp and it seems that now the rear channel dosnt seem right....but anyway thats irrelevant, im keen on keeping a fusion setup as it has lasted me the last 3 years and no need to re wire anything, just plug n play. and i think that if i buy the best that fusion has to offer i shouldnt run into too many troubles with power or under performance for the product.