Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

P Plater Hands Free Ban!

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Australia - rockin' the nanny state.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
What next? You can't get a head job whilst driving?

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
What next? You can't get a head job whilst driving?

Well, you oldies should be banned from that. One of you might have a heart attack and cause an accident.

87RB30VL

Swiggidy Swag
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
09' FG XR6 Falcon, 75' HJ Kingswood Ute
Sneezing should be bannedwhile driving because you close your eyes whilesneezing and according to all these campaigns it "only takes a split second of disctaction to end lives".

Also talking to passengers should be banned because of (see hands free phone reason)

winding your windows down should be banned due to having to distract yourself from driving

shoulder checking should be banned because you aren't keeping an eye on the road ahead, and as said before, it takes a split second to miss someone breaking ahead to crash

also driving should be banned because what's the statistics of people dying in walking related injuries? I'd be suprised if any.

Actually better yet, we should amputate our legs so we can't leave our homes

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Sneezing should be bannedwhile driving because you close your eyes whilesneezing and according to all these campaigns it "only takes a split second of disctaction to end lives".

Also talking to passengers should be banned because of (see hands free phone reason)

winding your windows down should be banned due to having to distract yourself from driving

shoulder checking should be banned because you aren't keeping an eye on the road ahead, and as said before, it takes a split second to miss someone breaking ahead to crash

also driving should be banned because what's the statistics of people dying in walking related injuries? I'd be suprised if any.

Actually better yet, we should amputate our legs so we can't leave our homes

Last edited by a moderator:

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Ban hand held phones and text by all means, but there's nothing dangerous about hands free. P-plates last for 4 years now so many drivers will be into their mid-20's by the time they get off them. This is really going to hurt those who work on the road and need to be contactable and all for zero gain.

Modern cars integrate very seamlessly with phones so taking a call is no more difficult than changing radio station and having a conversation is no different to speaking to a passenger. It's just another case of rules for the sake of rules to create an illusion of taking action on the road toll

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I think they are looking at the concetration factor, how you can get caught up in a converstation on the phone and get distracted from paying attention to your driving. Sure one can argue that passengers can do this also, but it makes you stop and think how long till they ban p-platers from having passengers totally.

I don't agree with this law totally, I think if you are going to be that radical thewn ban everything that involves taking your hands off the wheel unless it is to change gears, indicate or put your wipers and lights on.

Eating, smoking and drinking should be banned if they are going to go down this line. At least with a hands free you can keep both hands on the wheel. Try driving and eating a hamburger, steering with your knees! (Note for those with no sense of humour, like the head job joke before, I don't condone nor partake of this sort of behaviour in a car.)