Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brembo calipers

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 SSV Redline Series 2
Mate seeing we have drop-ins from eBay (a clear sign of inequity in traditional supply channels) I feel obliged to tell everyone possible (because maybe I wasn't clear in post#42)... these callipers are same part as Camaro SS, not as capable or high spec as the four pot Brembo differential bore used on the CTS-V, which are out already, and cost like $108 each. The other point is that although he 360mm disc is bigger it is about average in terms of rotor quality, as above DBA is making T3 (currently 355mm available now much better disc much cheaper) at time of writing. Speak to GSL RallySport - forum sponsor - for update / orders.

You can put whatever sticker on you like with the change.

I Contacted GSL Rallysport and they said they cant supply the calipers
They have the T3 rotors for $247.50 Each and pads for anywhere between $109 and $308
So looking at minimum $600 to maximum $800 for discs and pads

Any chance you could post a link for these $108 calipers , as I cant find anything even remotely close to that price

Last edited:

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I Contacted GSL Rallysport and they said they cant supply the calipers
They have the T3 rotors for $247.50 Each and pads for anywhere between $109 and $308
So looking at minimum $600 to maximum $800 for discs and pads

Any chance you could post a link for these $108 calipers , as I cant find anything even remotely close to that price

Sorry for the confusion, I meant everything but the calipers are available through GSL, here's a link to the calipers. See the section "Frequently bought together" for the kit. $257.81 plus rotors plus pads.

Queensland Friction Materials (QFM) at Nerang make excellent pads for these around $110 through GSL. It does seem like an outlay but they don't wear out much!

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
Sorry for the confusion, I meant everything but the calipers are available through GSL, here's a link to the calipers. See the section "Frequently bought together" for the kit. $257.81 plus rotors plus pads.

Queensland Friction Materials (QFM) at Nerang make excellent pads for these around $110 through GSL. It does seem like an outlay but they don't wear out much!

They look pretty good $250 US = $330 Aus ,plus Probably $150 or more shipping
So looking at $500 delivered to your door
And then A minimum of $600 for rotors and pads So all up its going to be about $1100 still

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
They look pretty good $250 US = $330 Aus ,plus Probably $150 or more shipping
So looking at $500 delivered to your door
And then A minimum of $600 for rotors and pads So all up its going to be about $1100 still

Yeah, good value. Rotors are a spectacular difference, bespoke Aussie custom made, QFM HPX are unbelievable value considering the size and material to suit Brembo, the Italian made four pot differential bore calipers are designed to work like those on race bikes, all up makes people comment and the car look more substantial. BTW the T3 rotor is where the magic happens, weighs a **** ton more and is one of the best upgrades you could do IMO. It doesn't get better than this.
It's the sort of value deal that if it were a German option, they'd whack in a set of springs cost them a couple of hundgy and call it Sportline, or AMG or M and charge >$15,000 more, or I don't know maybe just a plasticised badge with Lowndes' signature for $5k-6k. Of course that would add mystery and legend to make it an even more rare and exotic collectors item in years to come too.
This sort of locally sourced upgrade through customer focussed aftermarket is what we will miss with imports, half price of the the OEM Holden offering (which itself is less than 1/4 HSV pricing) yet preferred in the detail.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Rear brembo (Lowndes) are now available from holden. I just ordered front and rear DBA T3 355mm from Matt at GSL with QFM pads for the rear.

Calipers will come from holden once we get the pin kit and part numbers sorted. Will keep everyone posted.

I was going to get a kit local in Perth but changed my mind.

lowrider636

Reaction score
Members Ride
Rear brembo (Lowndes) are now available from holden. I just ordered front and rear DBA T3 355mm from Matt at GSL with QFM pads for the rear.

Calipers will come from holden once we get the pin kit and part numbers sorted. Will keep everyone posted.

I was going to get a kit local in Perth but changed my mind.

That's not quite correct ..The calipers are on their system but are not available as yet ..
That is imformation from Motors Hobart and Barry Bourke from Melbourne

Part numbers are confirmed

calipers 92292529 92292530 not available

Rear Rotors 92281427 are available , $250 plus GST Each

Last edited:

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
You are correct. My holden dealer led me up the path. After plenty of phone calls he finally advised me they weren't available. So I just bought 2 x CTS-V calipers instead.

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
The Holden stock may be out but the part (slightly better CTS-V version) is available via eBay or Amazon or for sale on other forums. It's a hella price to pay for different sticker, just apply the red Brembo sticker yourself, there's how-tos online for that too.

These Lowndes 360mm rotors are special order from Holden $275AU each or $400US pair shipped now. DBA T3 4000 series are thicker, better made and 355mm for $245AU. For looks maybe Lowndes 360, performance and looks DBA 355.

Plenty of threads over the years about this subject, solutions, problems and advice.

DBA is also making a 360mm T3 as we speak. More about the existing 355mm DBA custom made, T3 performance rotor:
[video=youtube_share;Vyey9fKww40]http://youtu.be/Vyey9fKww40[/video]

I spoke to DBA. And they have no knowledge of and at the moment have no intention of making a 360mm rotor. They will only produce it if the demand is big enough.

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
I spoke to DBA. And they have no knowledge of and at the moment have no intention of making a 360mm rotor. They will only produce it if the demand is big enough.

The 355mm T3 4000 rotors GSL had DBA forge for us as a special order left and right (we 're spoilt) will be 360mm (2.5mm radius increase) from next batch. Speak to Matt or Greg directly about it, i got it second hand from a mate on the SS forum:

Navy Lifer said:
I spoke too soon--DBA reports they do have a version of the new rotor, waiting for specifics, PN, etc.

Most likely the default configuration will be T3 (slotted) or XS (drilled/slotted). Matching fronts (slotted and/or drilled patterns) are offered as 42604 (one-piece) or 52604 (two-piece) variants. Again, these are the same 355mm front rotors as used on Camaro SS & G8 GXP.

Last edited:

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Fair enough. I spoke to both DBA and Matt at GSL. Matt said nothing about a 360mm rotor. But if the 355mm rears have an area on the outer circumference that isnt contacted by the pad what is the use of a 360mm disc ( thats what it appears to be in the photo you posted, or had your pads been modified..

Is the caliper or the pads used on the lowndes car different to the CTS-V.