Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Rear brembo calipers

PIR4TE

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Black Pearl
Fair enough. I spoke to both DBA and Matt at GSL. Matt said nothing about a 360mm rotor. But if the 355mm rears have an area on the outer circumference that isnt contacted by the pad what is the use of a 360mm disc ( thats what it appears to be in the photo you posted, or had your pads been modified..

Is the caliper or the pads used on the lowndes car different to the CTS-V.

Yes you have hit the nail on the head. AFAIK same pads as CTS-V, same as the SS Camaro. The calipers are different to CTS-V as the design doesn't have the differential bore pistons to control pad / rotor contact geometry at speed.
I don't think 2.5mm greater radius is a consideration given same contact area.

Darcon666

Evil is always around you
Reaction score
Website
www.gfy.com
Members Ride
Your Mother
You are correct. My holden dealer led me up the path. After plenty of phone calls he finally advised me they weren't available. So I just bought 2 x CTS-V calipers instead.

LMFAO.. Your Holden dealer... He and many more are just after the "Sale" of a car and nothing more as it does not pay him to help you.

P.S There are dealers that are exceptions and I have only come across 3 in my adult life that I would class as "helpful".

arronm

Reaction score
Members Ride
FPV F6 VF Redline WGN
Well brakes are done. 355mm DBA T3 back and front with cts-v rear calipers with hpx pads. Also a full set of braided lines

Pedal feel is firmer and doesn't travel as far. Car pulls up more level and doesn't appear to nose dive as much. $2000 well spent

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Just purchased a set of Camaro SS 4 pots all around to fit under my Camaro rims. I'm assuming the CL rotors are still mythical to obtain as a oversized (360mm) batch of rear DBA T3 rotors?
Are the DBA42031AS/BS my best bet for a rotor to fit these rears and retain my ebrake? If so what am I roughly looking to spend for them?

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
With regards to drilling out the front knuckle to fit the 14mm bolt - does anyone know if a VF Redline's front knuckle will fit in a VE? Apparently Holden moved to a different Brembo set up between VE and VF with the latter now using the 14mm bolts. I'd prefer a parts swap to machining an existing part where possible.

Zaime

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE
Sorry to ask this question....but has anyone experienced any loud squealing after doing the cts-v brake upgrade?
4 piston calipers
Rda rotors
Hpx pads

mark7

Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VE V8 Calais V/ 08 VE Omega
Yes. Mine are extremely loud braking below 40km/h. Not sure why, I've changed pads to HPX because I thought that was the problem but still noisy.