Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

/// Trayners VZ SS 6.0L Thunder Ute

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
Good work tray. Don't worry I had to take my gearbox off again too when I did my clutch because I dropped my bleeder into the bellhousing LOL. If that makes you feel any better.

Give it a bit more of I drive before you bleed the clutch again. I remember my friction point was as soon as you move your foot from the floor. It got better though I think they self adjust a bit or something. I could be wrong though.

Did I see a pic of a blower? :D

Gaiter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS Thunder
So much going on in this update. However. There is still one thing that just stands out amongst the rest. Those goddamn seats.

...and NOW a BLOWER! God. I need a daily, and $$$$.

Love how it took you awhile to commit to the manual project cause work/daily. Then thought of quitting and getting someone to do said manual project, and now your headed into a blower project.. haha. Love it. Love it. Love it. Going to hold off on the blower? or get it done ASAP? Cause if your going to get the blower on ASAP, worth waiting for the tune?

Trayner

Fresh prince of Pakky, Gangsta
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Good work tray. Don't worry I had to take my gearbox off again too when I did my clutch because I dropped my bleeder into the bellhousing LOL. If that makes you feel any better.

Give it a bit more of I drive before you bleed the clutch again. I remember my friction point was as soon as you move your foot from the floor. It got better though I think they self adjust a bit or something. I could be wrong though.

Did I see a pic of a blower? :D

Yeah , Ill take it for another squirt up the road then re-bleed it . Yeah you did , came up dirt cheap and in the rare square port style to fit my engine.

So much going on in this update. However. There is still one thing that just stands out amongst the rest. Those goddamn seats.

Love how it took you awhile to commit to the manual project cause work/daily. Then thought of quitting and getting someone to do said manual project, and now your headed into a blower project.. haha. Love it. Love it. Love it. Going to hold off on the blower? or get it done ASAP? Cause if your going to get the blower on ASAP, worth waiting for the tune?

Yeah dude , driving with the seats is so much better!! they hug you as you slam the gears , like when you get pushed back into the chair the wings wrap your body haha.

Going to get the car re-tuned to run the manual for a bit then save up for a cam, DOD delete , head gear . As I dont want to bang the charger on with stock bits.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also with the charger .

Charger is off a ve too so I have to change the front pully on it to a vz one , slightly modify the intercooler/interchiller brackets then everything should bolt straight on .

Also came with a Gilmer belt kit for the blower so Im going to install that as well , from memory that will boost the blower up to 10psi and 0 sliping of the blower.

Target is to hit 400rwkw, but anything over 350rwkw ill be happy with . :beer chug:

R

Risky

Love how it took you awhile to commit to the manual project cause work/daily. Then thought of quitting and getting someone to do said manual project, and now your headed into a blower project.. haha. Love it. Love it. Love it.

Remember Gaiter, we wait until Trayner's all finished, then we drive down & "borrow" his ute. Red Bull, ciggies & fuel is all we need. We'll have to play paper rock scissors on who gets what or we can sell body parts that we don't need lol.

Yeah dude , driving with the seats is so much better!! they hug you as you slam the gears , like when you get pushed back into the chair the wings wrap your body haha.

My mate John who has an E Series II R8 Clubby does that as well. I just love being pushed back into the seat when aggressively gear changing. It always brings a smile when the power is on :)

You're scoring some good stuff there mate :)

Drawnnite

Obviously Unsensible
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 Vs Ute
that looks like itll be some good fun there tray.

Without zooming in the blower is a 1.9L Harrop yeah?
That would be quite nice for the street and will suit a relatively standardish motor with a few minor mods.
the 350 figure should definitely be achievable and still be a nice driver.
but then you know youll want to go bigger ;)

Power delivery from it will be nice.
just wait til you first really gradually ease on the throttle and it really pushes you back into the seats, then you look and go "and that's only 3k rpm :eek:"

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Remember Gaiter, we wait until Trayner's all finished, then we drive down & "borrow" his ute. Red Bull, ciggies & fuel is all we need. We'll have to play paper rock scissors on who gets what or we can sell body parts that we don't need lol.

My mate John who has an E Series II R8 Clubby does that as well. I just love being pushed back into the seat when aggressively gear changing. It always brings a smile when the power is on :)

You're scoring some good stuff there mate :)

hahah , Ill have to keep moving my address :p , yeah I love giving it abit of stick . When I first took it down the road I got up to 60 in like 2 secs I was like holy **** I forgot how much power v8s have lol.

that looks like itll be some good fun there tray.

Without zooming in the blower is a 1.9L Harrop yeah?
That would be quite nice for the street and will suit a relatively standardish motor with a few minor mods.
the 350 figure should definitely be achievable and still be a nice driver.
but then you know youll want to go bigger ;)

Power delivery from it will be nice.
just wait til you first really gradually ease on the throttle and it really pushes you back into the seats, then you look and go "and that's only 3k rpm :eek:"

Yeah HTV 1900 Harrop blower , Been looking for figures on the net and seems people are getting around the 350-360 mark on the 6L's , so with a cam would see the 400 mark I reckon .
Yeah a mates dad had a VE gts with a top mount and took us for a ride , just blip the throttle and boom doing 100 lol .

Trayner

Reaction score
Members Ride
Gangsta Hundy
Replaced the trans fluid , was pretty brown . Just with ATF dex 3
Shifter goes into gears a lot more fluid now .

Reverse is still a bit of a bitch to get into thou .

Re bleed the clutch also while I was under the car

Also changed the radiator as it had a small leak in it from ages ago that I forgot about since the car has been parked for so long lol .

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
so much epicness!