Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Prestige plate was ordered a week ago, seems we have similar taste! $2400 was a lot to spend on a hunk of aluminium though!
Wow, you are a touch more extravagant than me. I will be carrying over my b&w 2 initials+ 2 numbers perplex plate which only cost $1000 a few years back when mine arrives in March. Enjoy!

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
Hi guys,
Been monitoring the forum for some time and it's been a great help. Thanks for all your input. I had originally intended to wait for an my 17 manual redline, but with prices on their way up, apparent limited production, and little other than the build date to differentiate between standard SSVRs I've decided to get an my 16 through salary sacrifice.
Prices here in WA seem a bit higher than elsewhere, and with current stocks drying up some of the dealers aren't willing to negotiate.
Anyway I would like an opinion on a quote I've received for an my 16 Redline sedan, auto, Heron White, black roof, wing spoiler, HF20 alloys (including spare), full blackout kit, full tint, redline sill plates, sports carpet mats, 1 year registration and full tank of fuel. All this for $65,000 driveaway. What do you think?

Trofius

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline sportwagon
Hi guys,
Been monitoring the forum for some time and it's been a great help. Thanks for all your input. I had originally intended to wait for an my 17 manual redline, but with prices on their way up, apparent limited production, and little other than the build date to differentiate between standard SSVRs I've decided to get an my 16 through salary sacrifice.
Prices here in WA seem a bit higher than elsewhere, and with current stocks drying up some of the dealers aren't willing to negotiate.
Anyway I would like an opinion on a quote I've received for an my 16 Redline sedan, auto, Heron White, black roof, wing spoiler, HF20 alloys (including spare), full blackout kit, full tint, redline sill plates, sports carpet mats, 1 year registration and full tank of fuel. All this for $65,000 driveaway. What do you think?
5-8 k too much, you could get a 2017 for less

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I've got a my17 redline auto on order for $61990, so I'd definitely want to be paying well below 60k for a 16 model.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
Hi guys,
I'm paying about that for the same spec MY17 (auto, wing, HF20s, tint, tow pack etc) and could of got a Black MY16 (same spec without tint/tow) for $60K. There's plenty of guys here have got pretty keen deals so NO too much

StanHurley

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII MOTORSPORT EDN.
OK, appreciate the comments. I'll sus out the my 17 with my dealership next week.

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
I got a Heroin White demo MY16 SS wagon with brake upgrade, tint, mats and 5 year factory warranty for changeover figure of $19990.
I traded a 2012 Dmax LSM.

I looked at two demo SSV for the same asking price ($45990) but they had stone chips, bar scrapes and scratched interiors and were offering much less (over 10k less initially!) on the trade in.

The SS I got has 5000km but is immaculate. They were going to detail it for me but I told him not to bother, I'll get my own guy to do this soon.

Demos are really demos they are used as company cars by either Holden or their dealers so they can avoid paying Fringe Benefits Tax. My mate who works at BMW gets a new car every 3000km or so.

Anyway, it's my first V8 and first Holden and I'm very happy with it.

Last edited:

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
holden for Jan have no real deals, MY16 runout only mentions SV6 no extra warranty etc etc

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
holden for Jan have no real deals, MY16 runout only mentions SV6 no extra warranty etc etc
They just extended the December deal (so you still get $1K of a V8) but when the MY17s start arriving soon I'm sure there will be factory bonuses or undriven 'demos' by the end of the month (depending on dealer stocks). I know some have had the same cars for sale for 3-4 months.