Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
Hi guys,
Been monitoring the forum for some time and it's been a great help. Thanks for all your input. I had originally intended to wait for an my 17 manual redline, but with prices on their way up, apparent limited production, and little other than the build date to differentiate between standard SSVRs I've decided to get an my 16 through salary sacrifice.
Prices here in WA seem a bit higher than elsewhere, and with current stocks drying up some of the dealers aren't willing to negotiate.
Anyway I would like an opinion on a quote I've received for an my 16 Redline sedan, auto, Heron White, black roof, wing spoiler, HF20 alloys (including spare), full blackout kit, full tint, redline sill plates, sports carpet mats, 1 year registration and full tank of fuel. All this for $65,000 driveaway. What do you think?

just went past my local dealer $59990 drive away for a MY 16 redline standard apart from black

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
just went past my local dealer $59990 drive away for a MY 16 redline standard apart from black
Same thing (black or Prussian steel - auto) advertised $57990 at Springwood

Strueth

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Monaro
I got a Heroin White demo MY16 SS wagon with brake upgrade, tint, mats and 5 year factory warranty for changeover figure of $19990.
I traded a 2012 Dmax LSM.

I looked at two demo SSV for the same asking price ($45990) but they had stone chips, bar scrapes and scratched interiors and were offering much less (over 10k less initially!) on the trade in.

The SS I got has 5000km but is immaculate. They were going to detail it for me but I told him not to bother, I'll get my own guy to do this soon.

Demos are really demos they are used as company cars by either Holden or their dealers so they can avoid paying Fringe Benefits Tax. My mate who works at BMW gets a new car every 3000km or so.

Anyway, it's my first V8 and first Holden and I'm very happy with it.
It didn't concern you that it's been well thrashed like a St Kilda hooker?

SuckSqueezeBangBlow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Heroin White VF2 SS Wagon
It didn't concern you that it's been well thrashed like a St Kilda hooker?

Obviously not or I wouldn't have bought it

Airalistair

Reaction score
Members Ride
Spitfire green MY16 redline Ute with amcat canopy.
I've just been given a quote of $50750 for a my16 auto redline ute demo with 12km on the clock, that's unregistered as I'm registering interstate. Rego will cost $2800 in vic plus a roadworthy and permit to get it here so say $53750 total registered and sitting at home. Should I ride them a bit harder?

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
So has anybody got to contract stage on a MY17 yet?
I just signed contracts for a my17 redline sportwagon, feel like i have been raped with the price, but at the end of the day, it all still worked out to how much we were contributing from savings and loan, but the base price was pretty high, and obviously with no bargaining on the car the only leverage we had was my misses car as trade-in...

would love to know if someone has gotten to contract stage and what price exactly it came to (its the on-roads, delivery, GST prices that made it jump a lot higher than i was expecting)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I just signed contracts for a my17 redline sportwagon, feel like i have been raped with the price, but at the end of the day, it all still worked out to how much we were contributing from savings and loan, but the base price was pretty high, and obviously with no bargaining on the car the only leverage we had was my misses car as trade-in...

would love to know if someone has gotten to contract stage and what price exactly it came to (its the on-roads, delivery, GST prices that made it jump a lot higher than i was expecting)

If you feel like you've been raped with the price and you're on here asking questions about the deal others got, then (with all due respect), you shouldn't have signed the contract. If I was presented with a figure that was a lot higher than I expected, I'd negotiate it down or, failing that, I'd walk away.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

Hi mate, I ordered mine last month, hope this helps.
20170106_205416.jpg