Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What deal did you get for your vf series 2????

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
If you feel like you've been raped with the price and you're on here asking questions about the deal others got, then (with all due respect), you shouldn't have signed the contract. If I was presented with a figure that was a lot higher than I expected, I'd negotiate it down or, failing that, I'd walk away.

to all of us who are going to be buying an MY17 model, this will be an emotional purchase. Walking away from a deal will depend if other dealers can negotiate on the price and how many vehicles they have in stock and im sure not many dealers will be getting the sportwagons. If a dealer is getting less than 5 redlines for the entire year then the price gauging will start. The question will be if a person visits 3 dealers and feels they are not getting a good deal and feels the dealer is price gauging what do you do?, especially if the car is much of a want as well as a need. Im visiting 3 dealers this weekend in sydney for a redline ute and im not looking forward to it.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
to all of us who are going to be buying an MY17 model, this will be an emotional purchase. Walking away from a deal will depend if other dealers can negotiate on the price and how many vehicles they have in stock and im sure not many dealers will be getting the sportwagons. If a dealer is getting less than 5 redlines for the entire year then the price gauging will start. The question will be if a person visits 3 dealers and feels they are not getting a good deal and feels the dealer is price gauging what do you do?, especially if the car is much of a want as well as a need. Im visiting 3 dealers this weekend in sydney for a redline ute and im not looking forward to it.

No purchase of the magnitude of a brand new car should be emotional, regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Why would anyone want to do a deal thinking they have been 'raped' with the changeover figure?

I don't care if you're buying the last VF or a Lamborghini, you should be satisfied with the deal you struck. If you feel the dealer is price gouging then walk away, it's just a car at the end of the day. The repayments will still have to be made long after the emotional part of the purchase has passed

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
No purchase of the magnitude of a brand new car should be emotional, regardless of the circumstances surrounding it. Why would anyone want to do a deal thinking they have been 'raped' with the changeover figure?

I don't care if you're buying the last VF or a Lamborghini, you should be satisfied with the deal you struck. If you feel the dealer is price gouging then walk away, it's just a car at the end of the day. The repayments will still have to be made long after the emotional part of the purchase has passed
And yet if you always owned Holdens and wanted the ones you could never afford, it is emotional ( and yes we have been played and it is non consensual) because we know there will not be another opportunity to buy an Australianised Holden, just more flash looking high maintenance imported crap that doesn't go the distance - great for those who turn their cars over every 2 years but not for those looking for keepers. Finally the manufacturer has a seller's market and we are finding it difficult to comprehend. So if you really want the last Holden Commodore - order exactly what you want like I have, and get over the price because it may be a long wait for something better for the $

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline

I disagree with you and think you're being a little harsh. I can't speak for others but for me it most definitely is an emotional purchase.
Aussie made Holdens have been a large part of my life for decades and now suddenly they are going to be gone for good.
I honestly never thought I'd ever see something like this happen in my lifetime.
This is the last chance that I will EVER have in my life to buy a brand new one. EVER.
I was originally reluctant to pay full price, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that this is a unique and unprecedented situation and needs to be treated as such.
This is not some Camry or Hyundai pos appliance that I'm buying. This is a piece of history. So yes, emotion plays a huge part in this.

Troyziee

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV-R Sportwagon
LastV8 you nailed it. Probably wasn't the best turn of phrase, i don't feel raped by the dealer, we negotiated a good trade in, and no matter what dealer you go to, the base car price ain't changing... i had just not taken into account the GST, then the delivery charges/stamp duty, quickly made it rise above what i had in mind (not the car itself, that price was right were i thought) but like i said at the end of the day, I'm still paying what i had originally budgeted for, due to getting a better trade in.
so just wanted to see that all the prices that follow the RRP are on par with mine. either way, I'm happy to pay it, i could not be bothered in the end driving to 4 dealers to save maybe $1000...? i can't wait to take delivery, and I'm sure the smile on my face when i get in will compensate the $1-2000 price difference between dealers.

if your looking for a bargain, a MY17 V8 commodore isn't for you, period.

LastV8?

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VF2 Redline
LastV8 you nailed it. Probably wasn't the best turn of phrase, i don't feel raped by the dealer, we negotiated a good trade in, and no matter what dealer you go to, the base car price ain't changing... i had just not taken into account the GST, then the delivery charges/stamp duty, quickly made it rise above what i had in mind (not the car itself, that price was right were i thought) but like i said at the end of the day, I'm still paying what i had originally budgeted for, due to getting a better trade in.
so just wanted to see that all the prices that follow the RRP are on par with mine. either way, I'm happy to pay it, i could not be bothered in the end driving to 4 dealers to save maybe $1000...? i can't wait to take delivery, and I'm sure the smile on my face when i get in will compensate the $1-2000 price difference between dealers.

if your looking for a bargain, a MY17 V8 commodore isn't for you, period.
After many years experience in negotiating new car purchases I found it preferable to get the discounted new car price and net trade in value rather than the inflated trade in price and retail new car price. So my deal was a throw back to 20 years ago - retail price (2016 saved me $500) and $3000 extra on the trade). At the end of the day, the changeover is the important thing. Seems there is a common message among dealers - no MY17 discounts. I didn't feel 100% comfortable but I am very happy.

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
I disagree with you and think you're being a little harsh. I can't speak for others but for me it most definitely is an emotional purchase.
Aussie made Holdens have been a large part of my life for decades and now suddenly they are going to be gone for good.
I honestly never thought I'd ever see something like this happen in my lifetime.
This is the last chance that I will EVER have in my life to buy a brand new one. EVER.
I was originally reluctant to pay full price, but the more I thought about it, the more I realised that this is a unique and unprecedented situation and needs to be treated as such.
This is not some Camry or Hyundai pos appliance that I'm buying. This is a piece of history. So yes, emotion plays a huge part in this.

I don't disagree for a second that this is the last opportunity that we will have to buy a brand new Australian made commodore. I did it myself and I walked away ecstatic with the deal. Mines a 2016, however given the obvious emotion surrounding this topic, I'd suggest that the majority of us will be keeping them for many a year.

However, I stand by my original assertion, that had the deal not held water, I would have walked away, plain and simple. I'm not here to kowtow to dealers and line their pockets, irrespective of this so-called emotion involved.

JRS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo

well said, its emotional for me. The maloo i have was bought second hand but this different...the last v8 i will EVER be able to walk into a dealer and purchase brand spanking new, and one that i will be be keeping for quite a few more years yet.i dont want a pissy fake v6 turbo.

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
cheers mate, in the end I'm at $66,500 for a redline sportwagon D/A with prestige paint... i had just over 64 in my head for some unknown reason :s

Whether or not you think you paid too much, there's no point beating yourself up over it.
At the end of the day its only money - You'll earn plenty more in your life and you can't take it with you when you die.
(I probably wouldn't make the best financial advisor lol)
The smile this car will put on your face is worth a million bucks, and the price you paid will quickly be forgotten.
If however you're still uncertain, you can always cancel the contract within the cooling off period if you think you can find a better deal elsewhere, but you'd have to act quickly as its only 3 days from memory.