Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
All good points Eternitydre.
Re the Stang's safety rating. Electronic gizmoz like radar and auto braking can help in avoiding a crash. For sure. Not to the level a good driver can though. But in the event of a crash, seat belts, airbags and a well designed structure/crumple zones etc save lives. The way the Stang fared in the crash test I saw compared to the Camaro and Challenger was very poor.
you would think for all of the power made available in modern vehicles, some sort of emphasis would be placed on driver training. If the emphasis was on preserving and empowering life rather than raising revenue, the road toll would be lower, and life on the road would be much more palatable. Off topic I know, but the talk of driver aids to me means lack of capability from the drivers. A car is the most deadly object most people will handle, where's the training?

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Yep. Too true mate. It should be madatory.

GEN4SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International. VP SS. VF2 SSV
So has anyone in Victoria actually paid rrp and the standard dealer delivery costs on a Limited Edition? Seems that Super Coaches dealer is the only one doing so but their in SA. I have to finalise my MSE order by the 25th and prefer to give my business to a dealer not ripping their customers off. Im also looking at trading in our MY16 SSV so looking to get as much for that as possible.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Yeah we paid a fairly standard DD of $2500 and spot on rrp for our director, no sneaky add ons anywhere.
Thats from ACT though. Prob same driving distance as Adelaide if you were thinking of going elsewhere to purchase one.

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY 17 SSV SOAG Redline
Yeah we paid a fairly standard DD of $2500 and spot on rrp for our director, no sneaky add ons anywhere.
Thats from ACT though. Prob same driving distance as Adelaide if you were thinking of going elsewhere to purchase one.

Surprised an ACT dealer didn't price gouge... always found them heavy handed due to only having 2 dealers in a cashed up city....

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
So has anyone in Victoria actually paid rrp and the standard dealer delivery costs on a Limited Edition? Seems that Super Coaches dealer is the only one doing so but their in SA. I have to finalise my MSE order by the 25th and prefer to give my business to a dealer not ripping their customers off. Im also looking at trading in our MY16 SSV so looking to get as much for that as possible.
Cant remember what DD was charged on my previous cars, but I was charged $2495 DD on a Magnum, by my local dealer.

ENVOUS_L67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S Pac Supercharged

Was charged $3,300 DD, including Gst
Which isn't as bad as $5000 but still alot compared to most interstate dealers

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
you would think for all of the power made available in modern vehicles, some sort of emphasis would be placed on driver training. If the emphasis was on preserving and empowering life rather than raising revenue, the road toll would be lower, and life on the road would be much more palatable. Off topic I know, but the talk of driver aids to me means lack of capability from the drivers. A car is the most deadly object most people will handle, where's the training?

Driver aids like automatic emergency braking have been shown to have a much faster reaction time than even the best drivers. In my opinion there is certainly a place for things like that. If it saves one kid from getting K'O'd at a pedestrian crossing then that has to be a good thing.

**** like lane departure warning is superfluous rubbish, totally agree on that point.

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
Surprised an ACT dealer didn't price gouge... always found them heavy handed due to only having 2 dealers in a cashed up city....

Yeah same, very surprised. Was very hesitant about using an ACT dealer again too after our last new car buying debacle. The only reason really that we gave them a crack was we thought we would have a much better chance at securing a director in a smaller dealership/city than say a major city like Sydney. Our next step was going to be Goulburn but we scored first go at our local ACT dealer.

PSISLE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SL/E, VF2 Director, ZB RS-V Wagon
G
Driver aids like automatic emergency braking have been shown to have a much faster reaction time than even the best drivers. In my opinion there is certainly a place for things like that. If it saves one kid from getting K'O'd at a pedestrian crossing then that has to be a good thing.

**** like lane departure warning is superfluous rubbish, totally agree on that point.
good points, don't get me wrong, I agree there is and will always be a need for technology to help us, but it shouldn't be done at the expense of human knowledge. I read a case study once about the system in Finland for compulsory driver training, it had teenagers who were going for their licence do compulsory skilled driver training, mainly due to the complexities in their driving conditions- ice, snow, big wildlife, dirt, gravel.
Result: all young drivers have a high understanding and skill set to treat driving with the respect it is due