Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Holden Commodore Limited Edition models

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
It can't feel good personally when you're at the point that you (or your business in this case) needs to chase money so badly that you compromise your moral integrity.

Moral integrity in business went out the door many moons ago. Trust me, I deal with it, or a lack thereof, constantly.

.....but the current situation is not the fault of the dealers on the floor trying to sell cars.

Lack of honesty &/or integrity is always the fault of the person displaying such behaviours. It is not excusable simply because of a difficult situation.

jetfrost

Reaction score
Members Ride
Motorsport
now there is Heartland Ford in Chullora NSW 2190, looks like Holden dealers are very adaptive (but like to use a non english word very adaptious)
Hence no excuse for their immoral behaviour

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 HSV30 Senator, 2002 Corolla..
now there is Heartland Ford in Chullora NSW 2190, looks like Holden dealers are very adaptive (but like to use a non english word very adaptious)
Hence no excuse for their immoral behaviour

I'm at a loss to understand why the Heartland franchise would think they'd sell more Fords than Holdens..particularly considering the Mustang ANCAP disaster.

They don't have any better products from a fully imported persepective.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
I'm at a loss to understand why the Heartland franchise would think they'd sell more Fords than Holdens..particularly considering the Mustang ANCAP disaster.They don't have any better products from a fully imported persepective.

This is a separate issue but there is a lot of ignorance (no offence to any individuals) on the Mustang ANCAP result, largely driven by the media's very poor reporting of it. The Mustang was tested using the far stricter Euro NCAP system which places a huge amount of emphasis on new safety technology such as radar systems and autonomous braking. Very few other cars in Australia have been tested with this stricter standard. It's not fair comparing vehicles that tested 5 stars on the older, ANCAP system years ago (such as the VF Commodore) as it's simply not like for like. The VF Commodore would likely get 3 stars on the new test as it also doesn't have such super modern safety systems. With that said, in the Mustang's test the airbag didn't deploy correctly and the dummy hit the wheel so there's that ;)

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is a separate issue but there is a lot of ignorance (no offence to any individuals) on the Mustang ANCAP result, largely driven by the media's very poor reporting of it. The Mustang was tested using the far stricter Euro NCAP system which places a huge amount of emphasis on new safety technology such as radar systems and autonomous braking. Very few other cars in Australia have been tested with this stricter standard. It's not fair comparing vehicles that tested 5 stars on the older, ANCAP system years ago (such as the VF Commodore) as it's simply not like for like. The VF Commodore would likely get 3 stars on the new test as it also doesn't have such super modern safety systems. With that said, in the Mustang's test the airbag didn't deploy correctly and the dummy hit the wheel so there's that ;)

Totally appreciate what you're saying and I agree for the most part. However my point is that Joe carbuyer only looks at the number of stars, not the criteria for awarding such, and there's no denying that this is going to hurt their sales.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
All good points Eternitydre.
Re the Stang's safety rating. Electronic gizmoz like radar and auto braking can help in avoiding a crash. For sure. Not to the level a good driver can though. But in the event of a crash, seat belts, airbags and a well designed structure/crumple zones etc save lives. The way the Stang fared in the crash test I saw compared to the Camaro and Challenger was very poor.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
All good points Eternitydre.
Re the Stang's safety rating. Electronic gizmoz like radar and auto braking can help in avoiding a crash. For sure. Not to the level a good driver can though. But in the event of a crash, seat belts, airbags and a well designed structure/crumple zones etc save lives. The way the Stang fared in the crash test I saw compared to the Camaro and Challenger was very poor.

I have a few friends that work at Ford so I got the full story from them.

Speaking of Camaro, the recently shown 1LE in white with black carbon is sex on wheels and I'd give anything to have one of those in manual RHD here :(

blackve76

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS ute 360rwkw N/A, 2016 VF2 SS M6
I'm at a loss to understand why the Heartland franchise would think they'd sell more Fords than Holdens..particularly considering the Mustang ANCAP disaster.

They don't have any better products from a fully imported persepective.

Ranger

tml678

Reaction score
Members Ride
Enough to justify a whole franchise..? Beyond that and the focus, their range is fairly ho-hum..guess they must have done their sums though..

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Enough to justify a whole franchise..? Beyond that and the focus, their range is fairly ho-hum..guess they must have done their sums though..
Yes you have to wonder about the longevity of both companies here sadly.
Don't get me started on the Ford Focus but TML
...The tears my daughter has shed after forking out $24kish on a car that has been a complete lemon. It's barely drivable amd boardering on unsafe. The dealer has been appauling throughout. The service manager even had the gaul to say. It's because you're a female. Females should drive autos. At which point I stepped in. Suffice to say he is no longer employed there. Even so, the dealership and Ford have been crap.
Fair trading have now evalated it to a tribunal.
All that aside.
The Stang is a sweet looking coupe and the Ranger a good pickuptruck. But then, the Territory was a good SUV too...

Last edited: