Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MY17 Specs and Release Date

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
I just got my photos of my MY17 build Redline on the production line. These photos do exist! My car was built 10th January so it looks like they have kept all photos of the builds since the start of the year.
Production 1 Small.jpg
Production 2 Small.jpg

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
Fantastic mate, how did you manage this? According to our dealer they still don't believe it's possible

zero_tolerance

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 VFII Redline
I just got my photos of my MY17 build Redline on the production line. These photos do exist! My car was built 10th January so it looks like they have kept all photos of the builds since the start of the year.
View attachment 190927 View attachment 190928

Hey that's great Anthony!
When I got mine I was a little suspicious that it could have been a photo of any random car, but I zoomed in and could actually see the last 6 digits of my vin on the build sheet, so they are 100% legit!

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Fantastic mate, how did you manage this? According to our dealer they still don't believe it's possible
I have asked Holden customer care. They said they will be releasing photos soon. I got mine passed over from Adelaide.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
Hey that's great Anthony!
When I got mine I was a little suspicious that it could have been a photo of any random car, but I zoomed in and could actually see the last 6 digits of my vin on the build sheet, so they are 100% legit!
I just zoomed in on my original photo and yes it is the VIN of my car. The photos actually had the last 6 digits of the vin when I got them emailed.

Big difference between my VIN and yours for only a small amount of days. Remember the MY17 started on 300000. There were about 2000+ cars made for USA in December before we got any AU cars produced.

bLackjackj

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV

Redline 2017

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF 2 SSV REDLINE
I have asked Holden customer care. They said they will be releasing photos soon. I got mine passed over from Adelaide.
Right, so is it just a matter of a phone call with a VIN, or build number? If so, and you have a phone number or email, can you please message me the details

Marco_VESS

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 VF2 Redline M6
So I noticed that only 1566 Commodores were sold last month. Given it seems there's been a healthy level of interest in the V8 models, would I be right in thinking the V6 models are just about sales proof at the moment? 1566 would only extrapolate to about 15,000 in 2017, well short of the 30,000 they're going to build.

Of course, you need to take HSV and exports and whatever out of that, and from what I gather, the last few months of production are going to be pretty heavily skewed towards V8s.

There's a blue MY16 SV6 Black at my local dealer that was there the day I ordered my Redline in January and is still there nearly three months later.