Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

JC Political Thread - For All Things Political Part 2

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I call B/S on this statement..

I know of private workshops that have hired and trained females in mechanics and even my field of a tyre fitter. So post that crap up

Yep, and it’s exactly that type of attitude that would have him sacked in a public service job. Yet he thinks he knows it all as he has some rellies who used to work in the public service. I’d love to see him voice that opinion in a public service interview!

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Yep, and it’s exactly that type of attitude that would have him sacked in a public service job. Yet he thinks he knows it all as he has some rellies who used to work in the public service. I’d love to see him voice that opinion in a public service interview!

Even in the workplace.

My Mum spent 25 years (maybe longer ) working for PMG and then telecom.....So I'm aware how they expect their employees to act....

I'd give him 1 maybe 2 weeks and he'll be shown the door

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Public service is easy, just identify as a trans, non binary indigenous person. Living on easy street then :p

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Bad idea.
I know some excellent tradesmen who are absolutely horrible teachers/mentors. I would hate for it to be mandated they have to take on apprentices.
Lot's of industries make a **** load of money, maybe said businesses can pay to send people off to university by mandate as part of their duty to society.

Fair point. Someone mentioned technical trade colleges earlier, which I remember being a thing when I was growing up and I was going to go to one for my high school education when I was down in Victoria. I ended up coming here to Queensland so I didn’t end up there.

We do need to do something though as we have a shortage of tradies and constantly importing people from overseas to fill all the skilled jobs will disengage younger Australians who are already here from decent job opportunities.

Many years ago in my younger days when I was unemployed and searching for jobs nearly every job demanded prior experience in that job, which I always found frustrating. How are you ever supposed to get a job if every job demands prior experience in that field?

Im sure it’s still the same now. Pretty much no employer wants to train people, they just want walk up starts, which dissolutions young people looking for an opportunity.

Would you also accept as per the mandate, like apprentices in the the armed forces, that they need to stay on for a period of time equal to their apprenticeship after they are qualified? It's always frustrating investing time and money into apprentices who then bail the second they are qualified.

Yes I would agree with that in principle. If the time and effort has been spent to train you up then you should at least stay on for a sufficient time to pay that back. Although as I mentioned earlier to Shane there is some moral hazard in that.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Public service is easy, just identify as a trans, non binary indigenous person. Living on easy street then :p

But that is everything he's against.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I'd love him to go to a tyre shop in Adelaide.....There is a male that is currently transferring into a female....I could imagine his response. Having a video set up would be gold

My thoughts over them is, If they can do their job properly, I could give a rats

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
If they can do their job properly, I could give a rats

And that should be all that matters. If they do the job properly who cares what they identify as.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I'd love him to go to a tyre shop in Adelaide.....There is a male that is currently transferring into a female....I could imagine his response. Having a video set up would be gold

My thoughts over them is, If they can do their job properly, I could give a rats
My thoughts are you can do whatever you want, but it doesn't mean I have to go along with la la land.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My thoughts are you can do whatever you want, but it doesn't mean I have to go along with la la land.

Me I don't care what people do to themselves....As long as it doesn't effect me, or their ability to do their job properly, go for it.