Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

♥♦ GAMBLR ♣♠ VZ Calais

dbarnes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V M6 UTE
you know wat I think of this car mate! haha. Found a black one on the net last night, mileage was a bit high for the model though, tempted me to sell up mine though for it haha. I read you have a daily man what is it?

GAMBLR

More trouble than u think
Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
you know wat I think of this car mate! haha. Found a black one on the net last night, mileage was a bit high for the model though, tempted me to sell up mine though for it haha. I read you have a daily man what is it?

Haha serious? What was the mileage on that one? They're a great car dude, but I still like yours :D lol. Daily has two wheels, a dicky gearbox that won't engate fifth (or Low) and dodgy brakes. Pics up soon lmao

Photo-0038.jpg

Photo-0040.jpg

Photo-0041.jpg

Not permanently mine so don't really give a toss about opinions. Had them for a few days so I thought I'd get a couple photos

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
You know what Im going to put it out there but they are not totally offensive. With a lower ride height you might be able to pull them off. Even though they are only temporary as you said.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
I didn't think they were that bad, but already had a few makes almost vomit on them. Their issue I spose... I've got another set lined up when I save the cash.

I'd love a lower ride height, but in SA that's a fairly tall order. That's probably as close as I'll get to having it low, the SAPOL Nazi's have decided 100mm clearance isn't enough.... unless I get bags. Or pump ups :D

Big fan of yours as well ;) L67 Calais' are pretty awesome

Dan VS 231

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Senator
Rim choice can be a bit conservative from what Ive seen. Some are just really bad but there are a few that look good on the right car. I never thought I would keep the chrome 20s that came with the VY but they suit it well and I now think they look good.

That does suck about the SA Police too and I thought WA was one of the toughest states. Maybe not super ultra dupers then. Low front and super rear could work and would still be carpark and speed bump managible. I have King supers all around with KYB short shocks and all speed bumps are fine so far its just getting used to the 20s and them scrubbing on the plastic inner guards. Dont know about underneath and the 100mm rule but it can be far off :p.

Ill get some pics of my car soon and make a thread there are just a couple of things to do first and it should be all good to go. Then again when does it ever stop.

GAMBLR

Reaction score
Members Ride
'04 VZ Calais LS1
Too right it can. Probably the thing that divides opinions the most is wheel choice. I always though chrome rims on silver cars didn't look quite right; having these on the car changes my opinion :)

As it sits, the car is about Super Low height all round. So I think the same height with some higher quality springs and shortened shocks would be a great idea. I can live with that :)

Make sure you get the thread up ;)