Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

150,000km too much on a gen 3?

SavVYute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6 Ute Series II 2004
Haggle a bit. Make him an offer below $23,000.
Even if it's $22,000 you've saved yourself a grand to spend on it. I can't see him being rushed off his feet with others buyers in that price range.

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
no reciepts that ive asked to see yet, Hes a mechanic by trade so i gather there would be no reciepts for labour. But would imagine there would be reciepts for all items purchased. Ive got a couple photos of the engine that show the different fuel rails & otr but apart from that i cant see much else..

Yeah i havent gone to see the car just yet to look at it condition wise, It does need a Re-tune as hes only just run it in as far as i know..

Sounds dodgy to me. Why sell a car that needs to be tuned instead of tuning then selling? Probably has issues and hes trying to offload it.

GMHCalais

[TUKN20Z]
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SII 5.7 Calais, VS SS SII HSV Enhanced
Does sound tad dodgey. Also another comment he made was that he lives in streaky bay which is about an 8 hour drive for me. He said he would bring the car to me if I'd like him to. An 8 hour drive for someone just to take a look at the car? All seems too good to be true unfortunately

And yeah no way would I pay 23k considering I picked up my clean vy Calais for 17 last year. And that was mint apart from a small hair line crack at bottom of the front bar. Not one thing wrong with it mechanically!

My highest offer would be 18 mark..

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Sounds dodgy to me. Why sell a car that needs to be tuned instead of tuning then selling? Probably has issues and hes trying to offload it.

I wouldn't say so, if it's only just been run in, they go on a 'run in' tune which is safe, less powered and more lean so it's safer for run in, then you get it re-tuned. He could be lying but only way to check is if you go look at it, then hassle with price. Simple, if he won't drop to what you want, walk away. No mistakes, you looked at it and enquired. Don't be someone who asks over a msg, I never bargain with people over the phone -.-

Does sound tad dodgey. Also another comment he made was that he lives in streaky bay which is about an 8 hour drive for me. He said he would bring the car to me if I'd like him to. An 8 hour drive for someone just to take a look at the car? All seems too good to be true unfortunately

And yeah no way would I pay 23k considering I picked up my clean vy Calais for 17 last year. And that was mint apart from a small hair line crack at bottom of the front bar. Not one thing wrong with it mechanically!

My highest offer would be 18 mark..

EIther dodgy, or the fact that he knows it's 100% legit and you won't say no.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
He could be lying but only way to check is if you go look at it, then hassle with price.

EIther dodgy, or the fact that he knows it's 100% legit and you won't say no.

Dont go look at it, let him bring it to you. He said he would :)

If he is willing to drive 8 hours to show it to you, he must be reasonable confident you will like it. Then you have him at a disadvantage.. he has driven 8 hours he wants a sale.. if he wont meet your terms then he has spent a bunch of fuel for nothing, not your problem.

Just make sure he brings proof of the work done, and have someone that knows their stuff with you when he comes, and ask lots of questions.

If the stuff he is claiming has been done, it isnt a 150k motor any more anyway, but I would have no problem with those k's personally. Its the price thats the problem.

Last edited:

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
Tell him to give you a call when he's run it in a retuned it, problem solved!

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Still too much.

No one will touch it for that price regardless of work done.

Take ya time, dont rush it.

And 150000kms on a V8 thats taken care of is nothing. They are workhorses and honest and the right oil and servicing you be right.

m1lky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
My ls1 is coming up 170. To the best of my knowledge the heads have never been off and it runs great.

Been services every 10k it's whole life though

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
So hes going to drive an untuned car 8 hours, awesome.

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
I wouldn't say so, if it's only just been run in, they go on a 'run in' tune which is safe, less powered and more lean so it's safer for run in...

I thought a safe tune for a new motor was rich?

In any event I would be asking for the correct tune for the motor.