Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

1992 VP Cooling Problems

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
You get code 3 times then fault codes come up if there are any.

Get level 2 dash basically same as what you have with rev tacho...level 3 needs patch harness for extra lcd windows/functions to work.

Keep it simple.Level 2 dashes are cheaper & more available.
OK ill try again tommorrow.

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
If code only 12 continues to flash your ECM has no faults stored. If a fault is stored the ECM will start flashing fault codes. Each fault will be flashed 3 times starting with the lowest then moving to the next one up. When all fault codes have been displayed the ECM will start again with the lowest. If there's only one fault it will flash its code until you remove the ALDL earth jumper.

Yes a level 3 dash is a path you don't want go down unless you already have one fitted. My level 3 has a BCM which you won't have. Good ones, with all 3 screens working, are expensive these days plus there's a fair bit of wiring work and a level 3 will find dormant faults wherever they exist in the control system components.

Last edited:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Finding a patch loom I'd think would be difficult now anyway. A former member used to make them but he moved overseas so I heard.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
Finding a patch loom I'd think would be difficult now anyway. A former member used to make them but he moved overseas so I heard.
Ok, im stilling figuring out everything to do with it, my parents are fighting cause one wants to give me some money to fix it up, the other doesnt see the use in fixing it and doesnt wanna help, anyways, is it possible to swap the odometer reading into another gauge ckuster, so i can keep the mileage?

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
Ok, im stilling figuring out everything to do with it, my parents are fighting cause one wants to give me some money to fix it up, the other doesnt see the use in fixing it and doesnt wanna help, anyways, is it possible to swap the odometer reading into another gauge ckuster, so i can keep the mileage?
It is. Howard Instruments can do it in Melbourne for a Level 3 cluster but it was pretty expensive because of the trip computer. Why don't you just make a note of the old and new speedo speedo readings and work out how much you need to add/subtract. Use your money to get the car running, you can always adjust the speedo later.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Yep speedo can be swapped over...dash cluster can be pulled apart into 5-6 pieces.

Only downfall is if you want matching vp gauges as vn,vp & vr/s have different colouring if you know what you're looking at which is why most prefer swap whole cluster over as one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

All due respect, but why are you asking your parents for the money to fix your car? With all my kids (6 in total), I helped them fix their cars, but they had to stump up the cash for parts....Taught them budgeting and being self sufficient with money

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Acclaim
All due respect, but why are you asking your parents for the money to fix your car? With all my kids (6 in total), I helped them fix their cars, but they had to stump up the cash for parts....Taught them budgeting and being self sufficient with money
Im actually not, ive got all the money i need to fix it, its something i shouldnt have mentioned. My mum was offering to give me some (Even though i have money)

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Im actually not, ive got all the money i need to fix it, its something i shouldnt have mentioned. My mum was offering to give me some (Even though i have money)

I understand now....Just seemed as though you were wanting the money from your parents....Good luck with it

YEA.355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 355, VP BERLINA, KENWORTH 408
Could be broken solder joints or something inside the dash from hitting all them bumps while Bush bashing