Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2004 clubsport y series 2

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Mate coming along well once you get your heads done it will smooth out the engine,thats pretty big cam with no heads in a m6 and can be rather hard to get the tune spot on.Otherwise good cam choice.

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Clubsport Y series 2
Cheers one and only, that's one less thing to worry about!
And thanks Blow Thru, saving every dollar I can now. It's alsp a difficult decision which heads to go with.

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Cheers one and only, that's one less thing to worry about!
And thanks Blow Thru, saving every dollar I can now. It's alsp a difficult decision which heads to go with.

For the money HIGGINS.

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Over AFR/Trickflow etc? Apparently these are the best but I've heard they don't flow as well as they're alleged to. And tbh, the flow isn't THAT much more if it's going to be a little less.
I'm just wondering as well, if I'm going to port my 241s or get some 243s, if there'll be much of a difference.
Munz has already helped me out, set me onto a few people to call(which I haven't got around to yet). So I'm sure I'll get some answers when I do that!

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Over AFR/Trickflow etc? Apparently these are the best but I've heard they don't flow as well as they're alleged to. And tbh, the flow isn't THAT much more if it's going to be a little less.
I'm just wondering as well, if I'm going to port my 241s or get some 243s, if there'll be much of a difference.
Munz has already helped me out, set me onto a few people to call(which I haven't got around to yet). So I'm sure I'll get some answers when I do that!

If you got the money then yeah you cant beat a good set of after market cnc jobbies.ill be doing my cam and heads shortly and have also thought about a set of 243s but by the time you buy those then do an exchange set of higgins 243s the dollars start to add up.I pretty sure higgins do a set of 241s cnc complete heads new springs valves ect for around $1800 exchange.Dont quote me on that but.Most people are making around 300kw heads and cam.If you are looking at turbo or blower down the track dont waste money on your heads.

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
If you are looking at turbo or blower down the track dont waste money on your heads.
Yea, this is the biggest reason I didn't wait until I could afford heads before I got the cam, so I had more time to research this and because I'd be camming it regardless. I was still thinking of upgrading to stock 243's anyway because of the SLIGHTLY better flow, without having a dramatic effect on compression? or is that just a waste of money! Still looking into it.
The goal is to charge her just as soon as I can afford a second car.

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Yea, this is the biggest reason I didn't wait until I could afford heads before I got the cam, so I had more time to research this and because I'd be camming it regardless. I was still thinking of upgrading to stock 243's anyway because of the SLIGHTLY better flow, without having a dramatic effect on compression? or is that just a waste of money! Still looking into it.
The goal is to charge her just as soon as I can afford a second car.

Nothing wrong with a set of 234s if you could pick them up for a good price,regardless you could not touch them and bolt them straight on and will flow better than the 241s and give you a nice bump in compression,on Ls1 tech they say about 20rwhp straight swap.It would be a good bargain upgrade and the cam will love them.

one_and_only2004

Turbo L98 FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series Thunder Utility - Turbo
Nothing wrong with a set of 234s if you could pick them up for a good price,regardless you could not touch them and bolt them straight on and will flow better than the 241s and give you a nice bump in compression,

Problem is you don't want added compression if you're thinking about forced induction - it limits the boost you can run compared to stock.

blow thru

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 2 SS
Problem is you don't want added compression if you're thinking about forced induction - it limits the boost you can run compared to stock.

Exactly!and this is why you got to plan future mods so you dont be forking out twice.We all do it because plans change from time to time.If Jackhsv plans on definately goin blown id be putting a FI suited cam in straight up.

JacksHSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeaa, the cam I was okay with because I know I won't be charging it for ages(until I can afford a second car, THEN save for the charger and other goodies at the same time). And I wanted something tough, lumpy, fun for the time being. Plus they said it would be suited to a charger. Are you thinking my cams too big for FI?