Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

2007 VE Commdore SS suspension knock

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
What he said ^^

The insulators were fitted from VIN L215911 (Last 7 digits of VIN), build date 06/08/08.

And only fitted to the bottom.

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Ricey, just to bump my post above :)

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Exactly what I said lol,

Took the car in and the guy this morning was much better, turns out it was road metal and tar stuck in the springs and the sway bar links were out and a bit loose. So all cleaned and tightened up.
He also look at the strut tops and like you said they're a bit poop but not bad and recommended upgrading them the same time I get it lowered. He also said not to bother buying from the as they'll stick their mark up on it, which I thought was quite good.

So looking on Ebay is this what I should go for? Super Pro Holden VR VS VT VU VX VY VZ VE Front/Top POLYU' Strut Mounts Commodore | eBay

NOLATHANE SUSPENSION COMMODORE STRUT MOUNTS SUIT VR VS VT VX VU VX VZ VE WH WK | eBay

Sorry missed it.

Havent really tried either of those so cant comment from experience. I would probably go the Nolathane given the choice.

Shiny Alex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Sorry missed it.

Havent really tried either of those so cant comment from experience. I would probably go the Nolathane given the choice.

Nice one thanks, as long as it's the right part then I'll get them.

Wow just checked on trademe to see how much they are locally and $390NZ http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/holden/suspension/auction-554416434.htm versus $155AU http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NOLATHAN...s&hash=item1c269300a1&clk_rvr_id=443923725007

Looks like the SiL will be getting them for me lol.

Last edited:

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Genuine mounts with bearings are half that cheaper price again...

Pug

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Hi All,

Finally found my problem. The brake pads I have don't fit tight into the calipers so rattle. Have placed some brake quite onto the back of the pads and no more rattle.

Thank you everybody for your input. It is greatly appreciated.

pg2205

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commdore SS
2.jpg3.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Well I'm still having issues with my car since I opened this thread. So far Ive had 2 wheel alignments and 1 sway bar link and bush replaced, but the problem still persists. Ive attached pics of my strut bushes, hoping somebody can advised if these are ok, or not.

pg2205

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Commdore SS
PS: The car wasnt jacked up in these photos.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
The plate in the first pic looks very high. After 5or six years in an ss you can virtually gaurantee the strut tops are on their way out, and if one is higher than the other the car wont sit flat and could cause your directional issues