Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

4L60E service

Youngblood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS
If your in Melb try PRESTON AUTOMATICS 03 83390661....started out in preston but now in cambelfield....they done my bros vr v6 stage 2 kit and he thrashed the **** out of it and it was still holding strong till he got rid of it years later, also i found they under priced everyone, i had a vr auto get removed and replaced with another i had, charged me around $250, best price i could get from ringing around was $450. they are pretty well known, seem like decent blokes and have a good rep. I'll definetly be goin to them with my vt ss for the shift kit.

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
im all the way up in yeppoon, the locals will want my arms and legs for that kind of work so im just gonna have to try sum auto shops in rockhampton for the job.

transgo sell what they call a HD upgrade package for the 4L60E you get a stage 2 - 3 shift kit, all your servo's, heavy duty torque converter, trans cooler, and a complete HD overhaul kit for sumthing like $550 US $$ + shipping. if your worried about your auto not holding up "don0xer" you might wanna check this out. check out there site if your interested. thats pretty much everything you will ever need for your auto and it'd be built like a brick for around $660 plus installation.

btw slundy how was it changing your bands/servo yourself, is it as simple as removing bolts and pulling out parts or is there more to it like special tools needed or anything. im pretty handy with a spanner and know my way around, ive got access to all the usual tools so i could probably get by doing it myself if its all pretty basic. what do you think it would cost to get some performance bands and just put em in myself?

253@7k

300rwhp supra. yay.
Reaction score
Members Ride
TT Supra/HZ Ute.
Nah mate i just pulled the box out of the car, i gave it to a gearbox builder to do all the internal work, i dont trust myself with all that stuff. Usualy costs about 400 labour to pull a box out so i saved myself that.

and3rs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive V6
yeah thats true bro, the less labour involved for the mechanic the less $$ it'll cost u in the end..
but yeah for now i think im just gonna go with the transgo HD2 shift kit and maybe the 1/2 corvette servo(can't find the 3/4 servo anywhere) and hope my bands are in reasonable condition. although i've known the last 3 owners of the car and im pretty sure there gonna be rooted lol.

ooh well i'll have it serviced and checked out hopefully in a months time and if everything goes smoothly ill have my shift kit in the same time:D it would be nice having hp bands done but if you think about it, the shift kit doesn't really put more strain on your bands, it puts less one them because they shift that much quicker there would be a lot less friction and alot less heat. unless your running alot of RWKW the stock bands in good condition should be fine;) ...im no auto expert tho, what are your opinions?

Furious_8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC Twin Turbo, VN Turbo, VY Storm
If your oil stinks and is black then installing a shift kit is bit of a wast as the black oil is from the clutches and bands slipping from to much load eg Towing or the oil no being changed enough. If the oil has some redness to it then things should be good.

The only 3/4 or 4th gear servo is the Billet and if you have put higher diff gears or tow then its not really woth it unless installing a Carbon wide band and New Rev/Input Band Drum which means Rebuild.