Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7th Generation Video Game Consoles

Which one would you choose?

• Microsoft XBOX 360

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 67 45.9%
  • PC

Votes: 34 23.3%

• Total voters

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Juat a update to this, I went with my Brother to buy the Nintendo WII today. It's true that it doesn't have alot of POWA but it's ok. The controller is awesome and is actually heaps of fun, no more fat Nintendo kids with ADD this time around :) it's a bit of a work out really. I was thinking if they bring out a Karate game with one controller for your foot it would be pretty cool :). It's going to see alot more on time just this week than the Xbox 360 has seen in the last year. Still waiting for the PS3 for the serious stuff and the Grand Turismo fix of course

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
****ing nerds playing games get a chick

Got one, and she's got her own Wii as well can I get back to my video games now please :p

Actually I'm sore, played Wii all day yesterday and a bit today, can't lift arms but it might have to do with getting used to driving..

So far my fave feature is the Mii's.. they're the characters that you make that look like yourself or others, my mates sent me theirs and it's hilarious because they automatically appear in the games, I couldn't believe it, something so simple was actually hilarious.. also trading photos online, it works well but I'm upset about the lack of weather and news channels for now.. and can't wait for the web browser, hoping its faster than the xbox running linux running firefox

Last edited:

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
yeh appartently fat people in america are having a winge coz the wii is to physical for them....they just wanna sit around and play games without having to standup or move around.

played call of duty on my mates wii as well real hard to control coz it keeps bringing up the binoculars all the time when your trying to walk.

cheers
ryan

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
I said PS3 but that will depend on how it goes in the market once its here. I use a PC for flight sims and FPS and a PS2 for driving games and GTA. PC owns consoles for simulators and FPS.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Got one, and she's got her own Wii as well can I get back to my video games now please :p

Actually I'm sore, played Wii all day yesterday and a bit today, can't lift arms but it might have to do with getting used to driving..

So far my fave feature is the Mii's.. they're the characters that you make that look like yourself or others, my mates sent me theirs and it's hilarious because they automatically appear in the games, I couldn't believe it, something so simple was actually hilarious.. also trading photos online, it works well but I'm upset about the lack of weather and news channels for now.. and can't wait for the web browser, hoping its faster than the xbox running linux running firefox

I'll send you my little dude when I figure out how, looks just like me:p

burnz

dah dut dut da dah
Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SS ute M6
3DO anyone still goes great

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
PC because being at the forefront of technology is important to me...

not to mention that PCs can display more pixels... The story might be different if I had a high definition tv however...

Although it would depend entirely on how well the console hardware handled newer games... I cringe watching people play some games on Xbox and PS2 at just how DISMAL the framerate is... I couldnt play at such a crap framerate, not to mention in a lot of games the graphics arent half as good as the same game on PC.

The same will probably go for these new consoles, but with my PC I can spend a couple of hundred every now and then to bring it up to speed :)

Look up 'high dynamic range lighting' and that is why I choose PC :) someone please correct me if these new consoles are capable of it though.

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
@ Shaggerz:

PS3 outputs at 1080p60, which I think is more than enough for anyone (1920x1080) lol.. and the specs:

- 3.2 GHz Cell Broadband Engine with 1 PPE and 7 SPEs (each at 3.2)
- Custom nVIDIA G70 based GPU running at 700MHz w/ 256MB of GDDR3 RAM
- 256MB Rambus XDR DRAM clocked at CPU die speed
- 7.1 Dolby TrueHD sound card
- 60GB SATA HDD (upgradable)
- BD-ROM Drive (Blu-Ray)
- Built in Bluetooth / WiFi / USB 2.0 / various memory card slots / gigabit wired ethernet

I think for now I'd prefer a PS3 to a PC, but I know eventually PC's will surpass them as always

You'd be paying 1/3 the price of a PS3 just for a BD-ROM for your PC which you would theoretically have to buy since you like being at the forefront of technology.. well you should already have one :p

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Ahh yes juzza that resolution is lovely but I ain't going to go spend $2k on a TV so I can see it ;)

I reckon prolly 80% of people who buy a PS3 will be using it on a CRT television thats capable of 320 scan lines lol..

Last edited:

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
I bet you're right too which is a shame though they do have HDMI -> DVI cables so you could probably plug it into a computer monitor though