Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

7th Generation Video Game Consoles

Which one would you choose?

• Microsoft XBOX 360

Votes: 32 21.9%
  • Nintendo Wii

Votes: 13 8.9%
  • Sony Playstation 3

Votes: 67 45.9%
  • PC

Votes: 34 23.3%

• Total voters

walesy

Aint no family cruiser!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Cherry Black WH II Caprice, VS exec wagon
I was thinking if they bring out a Karate game with one controller for your foot it would be pretty cool :).

till it slips off on a forcefull kick and controller smashes against a wall :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Velcro holder on your leg :), what's up with all the PC guys thinking PC's play games smooth and good anyways, X86 PC's are a mismatch of junk parts that's never been any good for anything (I'll be an Amiga fan for a while yet :) )

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
I wonder what the Wii controller will look like for any new "sex" games they bring out ???? ;)

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Velcro holder on your leg :), what's up with all the PC guys thinking PC's play games smooth and good anyways, X86 PC's are a mismatch of junk parts that's never been any good for anything (I'll be an Amiga fan for a while yet :) )

a little like some peoples cars :p

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Yeah like super 6's :) is just like a crapy designed pc with a big arse blower(gfx card bolted on).

Or you can have a fine design like a well breathing V8 or PS2/3 (Amiga if you wana go retro) with independent hardware for everything, vrooooooooooom :p

But I agree with the frame rate issue, I refuse to play anything that doesn't run at 60 frames a second, which is why I only play well coded games and mostly Playstation games, PC games allways drop a frame or ten when you get some hard drive action or something craps out in windows or for many other reasons :) so that doesn't cut it with me

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
I wonder what the Wii controller will look like for any new "sex" games they bring out ???? ;)

And they think they have problems with broken TV's now :)

albert5268

Texas Hacksaw Massacre
Reaction score
Members Ride
VYII LS1 6 spd
And they think they have problems with broken TV's now

Will certainly give the players a work out... lol "sex wars" first to make the other opponent orgasm first wins!

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Yeah like super 6's :) is just like a crapy designed pc with a big arse blower(gfx card bolted on).

Or you can have a fine design like a well breathing V8 or PS2/3 (Amiga if you wana go retro) with independent hardware for everything, vrooooooooooom :p

But I agree with the frame rate issue, I refuse to play anything that doesn't run at 60 frames a second, which is why I only play well coded games and mostly Playstation games, PC games allways drop a frame or ten when you get some hard drive action or something craps out in windows or for many other reasons :) so that doesn't cut it with me

haaaaaaaaaa he's funny too :p

I challenge you to a duel! *glove slap*

I would have to disagree with pc games dropping frames. If your pc is set up correctly it will never drop frames :) and even if it did, i'd rather that every now and then to PS2 or xbox dropping frames constantly in later release games... and nothing you can do about it except wait for next gen console. which is here now, so yay! Until they start writing games that really test this new phandangled hardware and u get 15-20 fps... while I have already invested a couple of hundred bucks and brought my PC back up to a minimum of 60fps :p

CraigL304

Crossed to The Dark Side
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6 Turbo A4
PS3, cos everyones got an xbox/360. Ultimately, and I reckon you all will agree, I want them all

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
haaaaaaaaaa he's funny too :p

I challenge you to a duel! *glove slap*

I would have to disagree with pc games dropping frames. If your pc is set up correctly it will never drop frames :) and even if it did, i'd rather that every now and then to PS2 or xbox dropping frames constantly in later release games... and nothing you can do about it except wait for next gen console. which is here now, so yay! Until they start writing games that really test this new phandangled hardware and u get 15-20 fps... while I have already invested a couple of hundred bucks and brought my PC back up to a minimum of 60fps :p

PC's are bloody good but if you want to be at the forefront you'd be updating every 6 months or so.. with the game console you buy it and that's it, no need to upgrade anything.. first gen games usually have suckyish graphics, second gen games get a lot better and final gen towards the end of the consoles life is pushing it to its limits or cant keep up, but it's not the fault of the console it's the fault of poor development companies not putting the effort in.. look at NFS: Carbon. How many bloody systems is that game on including Nintendo DS and PSP, PC, Gamecube, Wii, XBOX, XBOX 360, Playstation 2 and others.. Wouldn't have enough time to optimise it to get the most out of each system, rather focus on getting it out there. Look at the titles specific to the platforms - Sony owned Polyphony Digital's Gran Turismo for the Playstation, Halo 1/2/3 for the XBOX and all first party games on the Gamecube/Wii, and see how much better they make use of what's available to them then some company like EA.

Resident Evil 4 on the Gamecube is one of the most impressive games I've ever seen and the Gamecube wasn't near as powerful as the XBOX (but it was moreso than the Playstation 2)