Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

8 days without any postings....and weeks without seeing a ZB on the road

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
So don't you think that this guy had worked you out in a heartbeat and knew you were only a tyre kicker killing time thus he wasn't going to waste his ??? Maybe his experience did count for a lot.
A good possibility. But maybe his experience also included burnout gained from negative comments and public disinterest regarding current Holden offerings.

A true salesperson is one who can turn a tyre kicker into a purchaser.....that is actualy selling.
Taking an order from someone who has already decided to buy the product is not selling.
At no time did any of the three sales persons call my bluff, and ask ‘where is your Adventra’ or ‘what sort of trade-in are you looking for’ or even tell me the RRP of a Tourer.
It was all scripted rote about connectivity and driver aids, and I told them I was not interested in that.

I have just returned from a 1,800km Qld trip via the Pacific Hway.
Of the hundreds of cars on that road, I did not see one Opeldore during the trip, apart from what was on the Holden dealer’s yards where I stayed.
Mustangs ? Pfftt …… common as dogs bums at dish-lickers races.
Also did not see a Monaro. Have they all turned into garage queens and museum pieces like mine ?

kos

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Lt
Really?
Thursday 5 zb sighted versus 1 new Camry
Friday zero zero
Today
2 zb 1 Camry

All in SE Qld

570 zb sold in February 2019

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage

aupirate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB Calais Tourer
Its a given we all miss the affordable Australian built high horsepower cars. Best to ignore the recommended retail price and the real prices people are paying after a good long haggle are pretty good. Certainly I know there is nothing close to a Calais V on the Kiwi market brand new for $53,000 in terms of specification and handling. 235kw (315 h.p.) is not going to set the world on fire but I'm coming out of a Chrysler SRT8 470 horsepower and before that a tuned 500 horsepower supercharged FPV GT-P, (these are $90,000+ retail asking cars in N.Z.) and I feel the ZB package with its lighter weight, better handling, torque vectoring and much higher level's of technology, works really well for me at $53,000. Thing is with that really trick new 9 speed auto you're always in the right gear and I feel the driveline is very efficient in terms of low % of driveline losses.
Take one for a test drive mate,
Great to hear your enjoying your replacement vehicle. I live in SEQLD and have had a transmission failure at 1200km on my 1 week old Calais Tourer. Within less than 36 hrs I was offered three options 1. Repaired vehicle, 2. New replacement vehicle, 3. Full refund. I have chosen option 2. The failure was last Monday in Brisbane, I now have a Holden provided Avis LT wagon and like you am finding it quite a nice drive. I certainly hope I only have it for another week or so unlike your 6 week drama. So far both the Dealer and Holden in Brisbane have been great and at this stage I have no reason to believe this will change. I'll update as things develop.

Last edited by a moderator:

tuckerbag

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy2ss dual cab rodeo fjr1300
Never driven one but from what I understand from most that have they are great. The problem is the badge. As Mark Reuss once famously declared - RWD is in the Commodore DNA. The current thing isn't RWD so it isn't a Commodore.

/Thread
Not to mention they’ll prove to be garbage

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
Oh look !

ZBs racing in the StupidCars. Seem to be a different configuration ..... ;)