Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra tailgate swap onto commodore wagon.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive wagon, VT Acclaim
I was both right and wrong, it is a trigger of sorts, and auto park does work, maybe a little too well, on intermittent wipe it does a 1/2 sweep, pause, sweep back and park, every swipe, I guess the light green wire is a trigger to let the wiper know not to park untill it tells it to, idk it's too late to bother and too many damn moths outside to see what in doing, might have a fiddle tomorrow.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Never got around to messing with the wiring, but I did go for a drive, it's odd looking out the rear view and not seeing the giant 3rd brakelight box in the way, almost makes the rear window feel bigger. Got some "glamour shots" of the pig today, that lipstick sure does make it look more attractive, It's all working 99% other than the wiper parking (seems to be an issue on adventras anyway) the wiper even kicks into high speed when the cars in reverse like its meant to and it turns off when the glass or tailgate is popped, the lights turn on with both the glass and tailgate, like it should all rear facing lights work as the should.
All i need to do now is finish sanding and paint the corners and get a 3 button key head programed to the car( need a spare key anyway)
dreading the cost of that, probably cost as much as the boot swap haha
20240116_201006.jpg
20240116_201109.jpg
20240116_200912.jpg

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
there are 2 wiper inputs to the module
X1-4 light green and X1-3 grey/red
one of these is missing
similar to a radio where you have memory and power

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
there are 2 wiper inputs to the module
X1-4 light green and X1-3 grey/red
one of these is missing
similar to a radio where you have memory and power
I have them both connected together off the wiper feed, I tested it straight to power and it bypasses the safety and runs at full speed, what would you suggest I do

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
I have them both connected together off the wiper feed, I tested it straight to power and it bypasses the safety and runs at full speed, what would you suggest I do
chuck a multimeter on X1-7 X1-8 and X1-9 and see what is happening when wiper on and wiper in park or no park position

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
chuck a multimeter on X1-7 X1-8 and X1-9 and see what is happening when wiper on and wiper in park or no park position
That means pulling it apart again xD, what input are the x1-3 and x1-4 expecting, I have them both connected to the wiper feed wire from the car and it works alright, I tried with one getting constant 12v and the other on wiper signal and it just didn't work right, one way around it was just full bore and the other was a slow left, pause, slow right, pause. Neither way around would park

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Just quickly tested the wires at the plug, green to solid power, grey red to grey red makes the wiper go full speed position 2 to 3 (2 on screen park right 3 on screen park left)
With both wires connected to grey red feed it goes from 1 to 3 (1 ofscreen park 3 on screen left)
This mode I assume is the actual park sequence as its a slow deliberate sweep.
Havnt got around to designing the connector to try it the other way yet.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think the issue is that there's a module in the boot telling it to wipe and a module in the car telling it the same thing, hooking up direct power to the grey- red makes it sweep flawlessly from pos 2 to pos 3, turning off power to that wire it does the slow sweep from pos 2>pos 3> then to pos 1 off screen like it should, adding power to the L green wire while it's wiping the makes it go full speed, releasing the power to that wire has a 3 swipe delay then it goes back to perfect on screen intermittent wiping, I think I need to bypass the bcm on intermittent setting for this to work right...

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Did the tail lights just screw on?

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Did the tail lights just screw on?
The housings? Yes, brake globe holder is a 2 tab on the commo, the addy lense looks like a 4 tab but it still goes in and out fine with a bit of angle at the start, not ideal but nothing is being forced.

Edit, oddly enough the addy boot actually closes with the stock square corner commo lights it sits just on top of them, not ideal but while putting the boot on I closed it and realised last second that I havnt swapped the lights over, I cringed, expecting 2 shattered lenses, nope it was fine, makes 0 sense but whatever I guess.

Last edited: