Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Adventra tailgate swap onto commodore wagon.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I’d love to know why the decision was made to do a separate boot lid. Would have been more cost effective to stick to the same shape.

Imagine if that tailgate was an optioned extra.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Executive wagon, VT Acclaim
I’d love to know why the decision was made to do a separate boot lid. Would have been more cost effective to stick to the same shape.

Imagine if that tailgate was an optioned extra.
If I remember correctly the avalanche was the first to use that style tailgate, being a hsv thing it had to be special I guess, I like the avalanche bodykit more than I like the adventra one tho xD

There's alot that's the same but alot that's different, the main fitments issues are the tail light corners are rounded on the addy and square on the commo, the bottom corners are square on the addy and round on the commo.
Other stupid things are different like the washer jet is in a different location and the spoiler holes are different so you can't swap spoiler without drilling and filling holes, the addy boot is deffinantly nicer on the inside even without the opening glass, the trims are slimmer and it has better visibility.

I reckon if it was an optional extra most cars would have them, one day of having it on and I don't want to go back, it's so damn handy, just need new glass gas struts but my local auto shop wants $40 each with a 3-5 day order in ad they don't keep that size in stock.

Last edited:

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
had a little time today
X1-3 grey/red is pulse wiper command
X1-4 light green is high speed wiper command, has two inputs with diodes
one from reverse switch (reverse lights) and one from rear window washer command
do you have the full time power to the tailgate module X1-1 brown/white
will figure out the X1-7, -8 -9 later

Reactions: Lex

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
had a little time today
X1-3 grey/red is pulse wiper command
X1-4 light green is high speed wiper command, has two inputs with diodes
one from reverse switch (reverse lights) and one from rear window washer command
do you have the full time power to the tailgate module X1-1 brown/white
will figure out the X1-7, -8 -9

the standard wagon pulses rhe wipers from the bcm, you can hear it tick under the dash, but if I have the pulsing wire from the car feed the x1-3 and power to the other it works fine, speeds up with reverse aswell, I need to look at the back of my wiper switch and see if I can separate the low and "wash" wires at the switch and have the low bypass the bcm straight to the back, if I do that it'll work as it should

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
Standard VZ wagon

1705468865612.png

At BCM X3-7 grey/red is rear wiper request from switch
At BCM X3-14 is rear washer request

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
Standard VZ wagon

View attachment 262966

At BCM X3-7 grey/red is rear wiper request from switch
At BCM X3-14 is rear washer request
Yeah so all I have to do (theoretically) is remove x3-7 from the bcm and connect it directly to the switch so the boot wiper controller sees direct power from it, I worked out last night that because the car pulses the wipers the boot wiper module thinks I've flicked the wipers on and off, hence the park sequence wipe.

The only thing I need to test is if the bcm will still allow the wash/ hi speed request to pass through without seeing the low speed request from the wiper stalk.

Worst come worst I'll leave the low speed going to the bcm and remove the wire going to the boot and use the stalk signal to trigger an additional relay, so both the bcm and relay get triggered with the low rear wipe signal.

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah so all I have to do (theoretically) is remove x3-7 from the bcm and connect it directly to the switch so the boot wiper controller sees direct power from it, I worked out last night that because the car pulses the wipers the boot wiper module thinks I've flicked the wipers on and off, hence the park sequence wipe.

The only thing I need to test is if the bcm will still allow the wash/ hi speed request to pass through without seeing the low speed request from the wiper stalk.

Worst come worst I'll leave the low speed going to the bcm and remove the wire going to the boot and use the stalk signal to trigger an additional relay, so both the bcm and relay get triggered with the low rear wipe signal.
yes remove X3-7 from BCM and run to rear tailgate module

Exogator

Reaction score
Members Ride
yes remove X3-7 from BCM and run to rear tailgate module
This is gonna be a pain in the arse ,might tackle it on the weekend, after today I really don't feel like laying at stupid angles to see under the dash at the wires.

Should have said it earlier but thank you @lout & @Fu Manchu for all the help with this conversion, without those impossible to find wiring diagrams I'd be in for alot of swearing and guessing, and probably another wiper controller module after I short it out.