Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

An awesome Spag Bol

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
Or this:)

Attachments

• IMG_0084.jpeg
    IMG_0084.jpeg
    252 KB · Views: 86

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I better add this here too

• Haha
Reactions: Lex

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
If you have time to burn, try this recipe…

View attachment 257611

View attachment 257612
... just caught this thread
and that is an interesting recipe! My better half over the years has tried probably 12-15 different classic
nonna type recipes. She gets lots of cook books (we have a large book case in the dining room just for cook books)
but
in the end, we went ... bugger it! we will kill 2 birds with one stone. Lets go to Bologna!

Yeah. so we did... she went to cooking classes (small under 5 ppl type classes in the kitchens of
restuarants and cafes...)and me? I went to Lamborghini factory and museum tour (see pic) Ferrari Museum
and motorsport and the Ducati factory. Plus of course, doing lots of other touristy stuff around Bologna :)

Best holiday travel we have done for a while (was just before COViD) and even better ... at the end of
each days cooking class, we the participants, partners and family all sat down to dinner to eat what had been
tried and tested in that day's cooking class. Only down side was the waist expanding

ps... that recipe comes from Marcella Hasan's 'Essential classic italian cook book me thinks. Good one ...

Dsc00235 Lambo museum (s).jpg

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
and that is an interesting recipe! My better half over the years has tried probably 12-15 different classic
nonna type recipes. She gets lots of cook books (we have a large book case in the dining room just for cook books)
but
in the end, we went ... bugger it! we will kill 2 birds with one stone. Lets go to Bologna!

Yeah. so we did... she went to cooking classes (small under 5 ppl type classes in the kitchens of
restuarants and cafes...)and me? I went to Lamborghini factory and museum tour (see pic) Ferrari Museum
and motorsport and the Ducati factory. Plus of course, doing lots of other touristy stuff around Bologna :)

Best holiday travel we have done for a while (was just before COViD) and even better ... at the end of
each days cooking class, we the participants, partners and family all sat down to dinner to eat what had been
tried and tested in that day's cooking class. Only down side was the waist expanding

ps... that recipe comes from Marcella Hasan's 'Essential classic italian cook book me thinks. Good one ...

View attachment 259269
Where's the photo of the food?:)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Where's the photo of the food?:)
... we ate it ! :)

but here is one shot of hand made pasta made by my missus during one afternoon's cooking tuition (we tasted about a dozen different types over the course of each day's class)

Dsc00623.jpg

Last edited:

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
.. another type of horsepower in Bologna hahaha...

Dsc00632.jpg

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
but

View attachment 259269

Slight deviation but I vaguely remember Ducati sold out to Cagiva in the 80's.....Have Ducati bought it back from Cagiva, or does Cagiva still own Ducati?

Oh and to help stick to the topic at hand for others, Ducati might have sold out to Cagiva to help fund their Spag Bol fettish... :)

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
Slight deviation but I vaguely remember Ducati sold out to Cagiva in the 80's.....Have Ducati bought it back from Cagiva, or does Cagiva still own Ducati?

Oh and to help stick to the topic at hand for others, Ducati might have sold out to Cagiva to help fund their Spag Bol fettish... :)
HAHA... no!
part of my tour included DUCATI as it was arranged thru the tour company (MotoStar)with Lamborghini's head office
(office of the president actually!) as I was one of 2 on this tour (3 with the guide) Why? Lamorghini own DUCATI!

btw ...
The other guy did not turn up, the guide rang the Lamorghini presidents office and his PA came over (there is a tourist
place across the road from the factory and museum... cafe, trattoria plus vehicle test drive experience. Lambos of course!)
and
she took me for a personal one on one tour of the factory . NO pics in the manufacturing area but I did get to cut out
hides for a set of seats in a HURACAN and use the head bolt torquing mechanism in the engine assembly area. AWESOME!

ps... Euro320 for 1/2hr on italian country roads if you want to drive (I passed this up while waiting for the lady from Lamborghini)
those who did get off a bus, pay the money were warned the Vigili Urbani (city traffic police) were NOT impressed with tourists
breaking country lane speed limits! They also spoke VERY good English. Language is no barrier to a hefty fine

20130612_090020.jpg

Reactions: Lex

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
.. was posting here about Bologna, eating, cars about an hour ago
when
I got called for dinner this evening

With the kids (our youngest and her 2) here for dinner, we got
home made ravioli and basil pesto sauce! Nom Nom

guess the cooking lessons in Italy were worth the trip!