Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Any other Lap Bandits out there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
Lap band is usually permanent, with half a dozenish small healthy meals through out the day with supplements for the rest of your life....

Majority don't stick to it.

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
So if it is permanent I assume then if you decide not to stick it out you need to have the procedure reversed surgically?

Big-Al

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS 5.7 M6
It is adjustable via a port located under the skin. I guess if you wanted to quit you could have all the fluid taken out but you would still be somewhat restricted forever.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Claire, I had 6 chicken nuggets from Maccas on the weekend.

I was in pain for about 2 hours. Then spent the next 3 days on the toilet.

Once you eat clean, your body rejects ****.

One thing my trainer told me that I ignored and am now paying for it. Is to not shut out your friends. When I started I didnt see anyone for almost 8 months. They would go out and I would go to the gym. I found that it was really hard to go back to my old friends once I was comfortable with myself knowing I wouldnt cave.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
An occasional treat , in my opinion is OK , but I agree with Grennan , I had a meat pie the other day , and got a hit of indigestion , that would of floored a rhino , and l was on the croucher for about 20 minutes , not good .

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I lost my weight the natural method. I have mainly kept if off but I have periodically put bits of it back on, but this is usually when my head hasn't been right, related to anxiety and/or depression - but when I'm right agin it usually comes off. A great book is 'The weight escape'. It is the diet book you have when you aren't having a diet book. It deals with the psychological approach to weight loss, something which is missing from pretty much any mainstream 'diet'. From the book, the main issues one can face is that they either do too much, deprive themselves, which isn't sustainable, and fail; or they won't make enough changes and the difference is indiscernible. Also, the book suggests that weight management occurs one decision at a time. If the sum of your choices are mainly pro-weight-loss, you'll lose weight and keep it off. If they are geared towards weight gain, you will gain weight. That being said there can be environment and biological factors that we have little control over. I have read a study where the glues/inks used in a takeaway coffee cup have a correlation to weight gain - it is thought that the chemicals stuff about with your weight control hormones. But obviously, further studies are needed.

GI surgery can work but it is quite major, and has a few risks of complications. Success rate I hear is 50% which on a population wide scale is the most successful form of long term weight control (weight watchers is a mere 20%). GI can work if you learn to eat intuitively - if you continue to stuff your face to the point of sickness or discomfort, it won't work, for your stomach will stretch etc.

As for eating clean - I find if I have large amounts of rubbish, next time I go running, I will get shin splints and/or runners belly. Severely. There's nothing like needing to **** your brains out when the nearest loo is still a 3km/16min run away!

Last edited:

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I used to try the diet shake diets. Used to lose 10 kg and put it back on, and up and down and up and down. Never lasted.

Now since January I have gone from 124kg to 101kg, yes I am still overweight but I feel so much better. In Van Heusen shirts (good comparison) I have gone from their largest 46, to wearing 42 size. And all through eating better foods in smaller amounts, with exercise when I can.

I still enjoy my foods that are considered bad. I might have a small chocolate bar nearly every day, or once a fortnight I go out and eat Fasta Pasta. Love going out for sushi and that's not very healthy. But those are now one-off meals and not every meal.

It has now been 6 months and I am still very slowly losing weight but this is the longest I have kept it off, and I feel better for having done so. No more fast diet yo-yo'ing.

I was so stoked when I got on the treadmill (don't judge me) and did 10km in 75 minutes. Not fast or that long but dammit I haven't been able to do that since I was 21.

So back on topic. One of my customers had an operation on her stomach to permanently reduce her stomach size, doctor said her size would kill her, and while she is heaps skinnier, I watch her eat shitty deep-fired foods. WHAT THE #### WAS THE POINT? Surgery was paid for by the public hospital. She was perfectly capable of losing weight by eating better. So while I agree some people need held, mostly psychological, there are many people getting surgery that are just damn lazy, and no small amount of stupid.

NORTI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Wildtrak
Lap band is usually permanent, with half a dozenish small healthy meals through out the day with supplements for the rest of your life....

Majority don't stick to it.

there wouldnt be too many getting through 6 small meals a day with a band. True that a lot of people do abuse what can be an exceptionally helpful tool for those where other solutions have not been as effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.