Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone giving up the durries?

>mayhem<

Reaction score
Hi all, happy new year! Im attempting to give away the fekn smouldering cancer sticks as my new years resolution (i know they suck and never work but im gonna try lol) I have been smoking cigarettes since i was about 15 (ten years) and never tried kicking the habit, soo being a new decade and all i thought why not try kickin the shite exxy habit. Anyway i had my last smoke about 3 this morning and im already toungin for one (i have some here too) and was just wondering if there is anyone out there in the same boat, or anyone who has given up for good. I have started a money box so every time i think of a cig ill chuck a buck in or something (prolley 50 in it just this mornin lol) any tips would be appreciated cos i really do want to become a non smoker, would also be nice to have that extra 5 grand a year to do something useful with. Cheers in advance for any tips eh. Dan.

ausrs

Reaction score
Members Ride
00 SS M6/79 chev Monza
go to the Dr and get the medication its way easier that way i have been told by many !

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Gave up when I was 20 odd. Now almost 46 and so glad I kicked em.

Every time you feel like a puff - bite on a lemon :)

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
i quit about 4 months ago(smoked for 13 years), was the best thing i did, the 1st few weeks were the hardest but now i dont even think about them at all and i will never touch another, also just remember that you cant think ''oh i will just have one'' cos having that one will get you hooked straight back on them.

now i feel healthier, my back pocket is healthier, i dont stink anymore(never realized how much they make you stink until i quit) plus i got really good taste and smell now, only down side is i put on a few kilo so i got a bit of a belly now.

VicCop

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 Commodore SV6 SII
I'm about the same. Been off them for over five months now thanks to Champix and never looked back. I have no desire to go back as I like having the extra money too much.

excalibur

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP SS
i gave up at the start of April hopefully will never smoke again

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
go to the Dr and get the medication its way easier that way i have been told by many !

Just so you know, My work mate had prescription meds to kick the habbit, only down side it has wild effects on some people. drowsiness, motion sickness, morning sickness etc etc. But it did kick the habit for him, this only happens to some people. If you put your mind to it, you can beat it.

Philthy

That dent guy
Reaction score
Website
www.qbdentfree.com.au
Members Ride
3.0R Liberty, XC Falcon
Instead of making yourself pay when you think of smokes, buy yourself some chocolate or something however often you would be buying a pack.

I was lucky, I had only smoked for a couple years, then got fairly sick (unrelated) but didn't feel like going outside to smoke while I was sick, then just didnt feel like them anymore. I've had a 2 or 3 since (6 months or so) but now I don't even like the thought of them

DVOLVO

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU SS UTE / 5 Litre Volvo /Trusty Swift
Its Easy to give em up..
My Wife has done it 40 or 50 times....:rofl2:

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
i found the first 2 weeks were painful, after that, it got easier, then i hit a wall at 6 months, after that, i have never looked back, each person has their own way of doing it, if this isyour first time, dont expect to quit, but keep going for aslong as you can.