Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone giving up the durries?

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
VN exec project vh in the shed
i gave up when i moved down to vic but only lasted about 3 weeks then started again that was 4 years ago think i might try and give it ago again this year. a pack of winny blue 25's are between $11 and $13 so on average thats around $80 a week that im basically burning when i think about it like that i guess im going to give it up very soon. i have exactly 12 months til i get off my P's and get my full lisence so the money i save can go towards a 5 litre conversion for my vn

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
Just cough a hole in your lung and go purple in the face while you cough and choke.
Worked for me.
Then go to hospital and they put a pig`s tail catheter into your chest no drugs and suck out the air in your chest cavitry (spelling) then wait 6-8hrs to see if it goes down again and you can`t move your arm because of the pain.
No smokes for me since October 2006.
Good luck mate you will feel better.
I don`t have more money because I spent it on things I can see or car stuff.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
ok i know there has been no replies to this thread in awhile but im just wondering how the OP is going i have decided im going to give up tomorrow( its my cousins birthday and she wants me to quit as her present). just want to know how your doing with it

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Everyone must of quit smokin.

tommo82

Non-donating member.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 HSV Senator
Just worked out what a "durrie" was.

Thanks for enlightening me.

Hope you've given up the filth.

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
i havent had one at all today i feel like crap would have had at least 10 by this stage hopeing will power will get me through

vp_commo

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exe
Well I was smoking since I was 16, started soking heavy at 18, I was 38 when I gave up.
Smoked anything and everything,rollies as well as taylors.

Had a health scare and gave up cold never had the urge (wrong diagnosiss but was real to me at the time), I didnt want to be dragged down with health issues from smoking.

Now I feel a lot better and have a better feeling of self esteem too!! it gets you down being a bloody slave to some crap in a packet, but you dont realise how much its dragging you down till you give em up.

Now I just know I have smoked enough and dont need em.

More money for beer too :beer chug:

Cheers

Dan

NOT.BT1

Bogan pride
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
im giving up for my lil cousin as i said but other then that im only bringing in $600 after tax at the moment and being a casual labourer and having 3 weeks off over christmas with no money screwed me all my saving went in 3 weeks just to get me through and i still have bills i need to pay so my theory is if i give up cold turkey and whenever i feel the need to buy a packet of smokes ill put the money i would have spent into a money box then when i dont feel the need anymore ill take that money and buy something for my car so i can see the reward at the end of it all. i just dont enjoy a ciggy anymore they used to relax me but now i just smoke it and instantly feel like i need another one i realise i will more then likely put on some weight but with the $80 a week ill be saving im going to join a gym try and get myself healthier in more ways then one. i really hope i can do it its been 16 hours since my last smoke and i cant stop eating