Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone into Body Building...or go to gym??

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Can anyone recommend any decent protein shakes? i had 2.5kg of musashi "bulk" a while back, it did **** all.

You could eat nothing but pure protein all day mate but if you dont train hard enough or correctly you wont make any gains.
The protein doesnt just turn into muscle by itself. Muscles only get bigger as a responce to working them out in a manner that the muscle is required to repair itself and get bigger to deal with the load and intensity they are being subjected to.

aella

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Equipe
ive been going gym now for about 6 months.. i dont no much about supplements but i do know creatine helps.. for building muscle bulk that is.. and a good supplement 3 times a day..

elemeNtz

It's my first day :3
Reaction score
Members Ride
responsibly
I'm into keeping fit, I'm not overly keen on suppliments mainly because of the price and protein shakes have the consistency of milk and sand.

I do a weights routine at home with a bench, dumbells and a "gym machine" on monday, wednes and fri and i go for a 30m run on tues & thurs mornings

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
i sort of had some time off... was sick for a bit... had the flu, knocked me out for a little over 3 weeks, couple of injuries and just family and social life took over for a little while so I couldn't really get to the gym as often as I'd like for a while there. Just recently got back into it properly and back on the protein and a cycle of creatine at the moment... seeing good improvements already, and also changed my diet a little and have lost about 5kg in the last couple of weeks.

Not gonna post my whole routine but these are basically my max's;

CHEST
Flat bench press (bar) - 110kg 4 reps, 120kg 1RM
Decline press (dumbell) - 45kg 5 reps

SHOULDERS
Seated dumbell press - 37.5kg 5 reps

BICEPS
Standing barbell curl - 55kg 7 reps

Triceps
Standing push downs (rope machine) - ~67kg 5 reps
Close grip barbell bench press - 70kg 8 reps

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
protein shakes have the consistency of milk and sand.

You obviously need to try a better product or buy a better shaker cup. I add glucose to mine too... its great after your workout to give you that insulin spike, and it makes the protien shake that much nicer!

faroogoo

SENTINEL
Reaction score
Members Ride
GMH
i sort of had some time off... was sick for a bit... had the flu, knocked me out for a little over 3 weeks, couple of injuries and just family and social life took over for a little while so I couldn't really get to the gym as often as I'd like for a while there. Just recently got back into it properly and back on the protein and a cycle of creatine at the moment... seeing good improvements already, and also changed my diet a little and have lost about 5kg in the last couple of weeks.

Not gonna post my whole routine but these are basically my max's;

CHEST
Flat bench press (bar) - 110kg 4 reps, 120kg 1RM
Decline press (dumbell) - 45kg 5 reps

SHOULDERS
Seated dumbell press - 37.5kg 5 reps

BICEPS
Standing barbell curl - 55kg 7 reps

Triceps
Standing push downs (rope machine) - ~67kg 5 reps
Close grip barbell bench press - 70kg 8 reps

Add some Shrugs for your Traps,Lateral raises,front raises & rear raises to help thrash out your shoulders & give them some size & shape.

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
Add some Shrugs for your Traps,Lateral raises,front raises & rear raises to help thrash out your shoulders & give them some size & shape.

Like I said I wasn't posting my whole routine... just some numbers to give an idea of what I'm lifting. Pretty happy with my shoulder routine, though it may be in the process of changing a little.

Paul_O

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 SV6
i can post my workout if people are interested

i can post my workout if people are interested

Nicko, please post your routine mate, including the diet and routine. I have just spent the last hour reading just about the whole 11 pages of this thread and yours, one of many post, that has caught my attention. Please post it. I am now going to post mine. Would be cool to see others as well.

Just some info on mine...... I started 7 months ago, weighted in at 98kilo, pure bad health....poor eating habits, drinking etc. I now weigh 73 kilo, good BMI for my height of 5'8 and I am fit. For me and anyone who wants to use my rountine, please note it is for pure weight loss and toning up........ Not mass gain. I have so much info on this subject, given to me by friends who are in this industry by way of boxing, martial arts etc. Plenty of word docs, pdf files etc. Hola if you want some more. Honestly any1 who sticks with the FHM fitness one that wants to loose and strip fat fast, this will work.

Thanks and great topic!

:)

Attachments

• Scanned Items.jpg
    Scanned Items.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
  • Scanned Items 001.jpg
    Scanned Items 001.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 109