Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Anyone into Body Building...or go to gym??

ecotec38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 Commodore 3.8
why use fat burners if ur body building, ur trying to gain ait not lose it, turn fat into muscle! protein is all u need! egg's egg's egg's!! <- cheapest protein!! pasta and potatos for energy.. i use to body build, havent in 3 years..

Isn't cutting classed as bodybuilding still, the purpose of that wouldn't be to gain muscle but more to minimize muscle loss while losing weight

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
iv started back at the gym again. Havent been doing any over winter due to playing footy i just dont have the time and cant afford to be sore for training and games.

Did a month or so of bulking up again which happens pretty quick and now im starting a cutting routine with a mate. Started it yesterday and lets just say " oh its a deep burn, i can bearly lift my right arm" lol.

The workout is about 1 hour duration with all muscle groups except legs, 12 reps, then 10 reps, 8 reps, 6 reps then 12 reps again, 10 second rest between those sets. Then followed by 20 reps of a different excerise but still in the same muscle group. Repeat that for chest, back, shoulders, bi's and tri's. Then a situp workout. In this hour of workout no rest for more than 20 seconds and your sweating and burning by the end of it.

Tuesdays are cardio; 20min on a bike with 8 seconds sprinting followed by 20 seconds of over 100rpm at a decent resistance repeat this for the 20 minutes. Then 25 minutes of keeping speed and rpm above a certain level.

Wednesday rest

Thursday same as monday

Friday cardio same as tuesday

Sat same as monday, also there is a posibility of doing an extra ab workout on sat night or early sun morning when your throwing up all the booze you just necked!!

Sunday wake up with massive hangover and dont goto the gym.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
Hey. Just checkin in to see what people are up to. Hows the gym going?

Im onto a rockhard 3 month training programme at the moment working very well. Diet and workout plan included llost 3 kgs in the first week and 2 in the second.

Any updates from people. i can post my workout if people are interested

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
Hey Nicko,

Good on ya mate!!
It won't happen over night, but it will happen....

I'm still at it, 4 nights a week, Gains are not obvious, but I do notice the weights keep going up....

I now Decline Bench 100kg, 2 sets of 10 and 2 more until failure.
Dumbbell Chest press is now 40kg each hand, with the same as above.
Shoulders are much stronger these days, but don't look any bigger....
One thing I have added is 15 mins on the cross Trainer after every workout, and workouts have now blown out to 1.5 hrs.....

Other than that, just enjoying being healthy, and when I do miss gym,(very rare) I feel like ****!!

I'm a consistant 100kg, sometimes dipping to 98 as I am now.....

Keep it up mate, add those years to your life!!:thumbsup:

Commyfan

Reaction score
Members Ride
car
Anyone got any recommendations on bulking up? ive been doing bench and dumbell curls for about a year now, and although i have become much stronger, havent really hulked up yet..

1. Eat more
2. A proper work out routine

GOTMYN

Stab it and Steer...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Whippled 5.7, VE SV6, GU Patrol 3.0DI
You really need to try and include at least 20g Protein in every meal, If you are lean, eat the same or more in carb's, if your stocky, then reduce carb's...

Protein not only helps you build muscle, but also keep it, if you lack protein in your diet, your body will hunt around for those amino's and begin using your muscle to get fuel from...also, if you are doing Cardio, keep your heart rate below 140bpm, below this will burn fats(stored Energy) above this your body will look for easier sources of energy...E.G. Muscle!!

PINKY355

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN HSV WAGON
Anyone got any recommendations on bulking up? ive been doing bench and dumbell curls for about a year now, and although i have become much stronger, havent really hulked up yet..

At the very least you need to incorporate squats and deadlifts into your routine as well as the bench press. For basic bulking up you will find a million training programs on the internet. I believe the ones that focus on power lifting or olympic weight lifting will be the best for what you want. They wont take alot of time and contrary to what you may think they dont need you to be always lifting alot of weight. Just remeber thou if you dont gradually increase intensity over time then the muscle will not get bigger as wont need to. If you want strength training as well look at the 5x5 training programs and as stated before if you dont eat correctly you wont put the muscle on. (Think about doing up a high performance motor and then not giving it enough fuel).
Have fun and good luck. Remeber it wont happen overnight but it will happen

Robbo_c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais II,2007 Calais V

You will have to do more than bench and dumbell curls.Join a gym and use what they have there.Just do the heavy weights for 3 sets and 6 reps for each exercise and just eat heaps and drink protein shakes.:thumbsup: