Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Apprentices... How much you earning a week?

spd_dmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Exec, 5.0L BT1
3rd year apprentice plumber, $510 a week after tax. If I was working union I'd be on almost twice that :(

Michelson4301

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Super6 Utility 5 speed
^^^ Damn... that sucks! But I guess you're still learning... like my gf is in her last year of uni to be a nurse... and they work at various hospitals getting experience... for free... But still... takes a fair bit of commitment to work 40 hours for 164 bux!

lol, yeah that was 10years ago! I am still learning though. Every day if possible:thumbsup:

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Reading that I feel for DVSV8, that apprenticeship seems like a joke to me, 3 years and your walking away on $500 a week!!!! That pays below working retail in something like Safeway full time.

Stonemason here, I don't know why more people don't look into it. Can be heavy work of course but top pay and no real unemployment worries as no one seems to want to do it!

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
1st year was 300
2nd 400
3rd 500
4th 600. This is all for an apprentice plasterer and that is after tax before any overtime

greenvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Caprice SII
Im a 1st year apprentice chef. Earning anywhere from $370 to $440 a week.

$9.23 p/h mon to fri
$11.53 p/h sat
$16.15 p/h sun

Got paid $442.99 today after tax :yeah::yeah:

U gotta think long term though bud. Full time chefs dont get penaltie rates and get around half the pay of tradesmen. Aswell as working most weekends, its the closest job to slave labour i can think of. I was an apprentice chef for 6 months until i realised what i was getting myself into. A good job though if your REALLY passionate about cooking.

oOSparkyOo

Reaction score
Members Ride
L67 vt series 2 calais
Apprentice Boilermaker

$6.80 p/h
$260-$300 p/w

will be on 2nd year soon tho dunno rates for them as of yet