Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Apprentices... How much you earning a week?

cracker

Reaction score
apprentice sparky 2nd year, non union around $370 after tax a week
3rd year in 7weeks cant wait.

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
yea exactly. im just taking it very easy at the moment and buying everything i need to go contract then ill earn some big money. until then im happy just cruising along lol
It cost me about 6K to get setup with all my setting tools (thats boxes, taping machines, sander, internal box... etc etc). It might sound like alot but they pay for themselves in 3 months... stuff doing anything by hand these days when there is a machine to do it lol.

HoldrodeoLT

I have no lemon pledge...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 Holden Rodeo RA LT, 2008 Polaris Hawkeye 300
Nothing special when you finish your apprenticship.. i was on $16 with a 1 dollar pay rise in my last year, i finished my apprentichip expecting a huge pay increase...... Went up to 17.26 or sum **** like that.. how am i ment to start a life on that, im 20 years old.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
It cost me about 6K to get setup with all my setting tools (thats boxes, taping machines, sander, internal box... etc etc). It might sound like alot but they pay for themselves in 3 months... stuff doing anything by hand these days when there is a machine to do it lol.

Hand set? lol we mainly use the machines but just on the occaisional small job ill just hand set it. Do you box exy's too or trowel them

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
The jobs we are doing at the moment it's hardly worth getting the box out to use on exys lol. The one I am in now is about 400 meters and 5 externals.. the next one has only 4 :thumbsup:. Best part is I get a flat rate of $1300 per job and sometimes I can punch one out by myself in a day. We have **** loads of work on too :D

Sanding sucks balls though lol... they need to invent something that does internals so you don't need to use a block on them haha.

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
lol we were doing units the other day with 60 something exys and 2 boxes of square set. Funny you mention the internal sanding machine i was daydreaming the other day about that lol. i sorta imagined like a standard porter cable head but with a secondary head on a 90deg angle and the sanding discs themselves are as thick as the foam backing pad with sanding paper on the side of it. Probably wouldn't work tho would probably chew the **** out of it ha ha

zerodown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SSII A4, VSII CLUBSPORT M5
Man you guys get bloody exploited, cmon, i was earning 11bucks an hour when i was 13! as a bloody dish pig

And where does that pay peak? $16-17 an hour.

I'll take the four years of pocket money and look at my pay peaking at anywhere up to $150 an hour in time thankyou(plumber for example...stinking pricks lol)

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
Nothing special when you finish your apprenticship.. i was on $16 with a 1 dollar pay rise in my last year, i finished my apprentichip expecting a huge pay increase...... Went up to 17.26 or sum **** like that.. how am i ment to start a life on that, im 20 years old.

You obviously chose the wrong trade, or working for the wrong person/company. Go work for yourself, you'll earn more.

TrEnNaVY

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S V6
i only get $5.73 an hour as a Plumber, when i got my app every1 kept telling me how much money ill make as a plumber, now they say just wait u will be soon...**** this i struggle to live of $217 p/w

JBDrifter

Now in a Calais
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais & VT Exec Wagon
i only get $5.73 an hour as a Plumber, when i got my app every1 kept telling me how much money ill make as a plumber, now they say just wait u will be soon...**** this i struggle to live of $217 p/w

You would be on double that if you worked for a big company on union rates. Domestic is always gonna be crap as an apprentice.