Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Ask the EX-Holden Technician

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doctor Bob

Grandpa
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG. Colorado & Caravan
I have had my car for two weeks and when it gets hot after i switch it on again it makes a pinging/knocking noise. But as soon as i let it cool down and start it again its not as bad and on cold start it has disappeared. You can feel it through the clutch pedal when it is really loud and hot. Now. My local Holden dealer head mechanic claims this is totally normal on the 6.0 litres especially more noticeable on manuals as it all depends of the position of the pistons on engine turn off. If someone can give me more insight it would be massively appreciated

it is normal & nothing to worry about

Rob

mooks6669

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II MY17 SS Manual
thanks mate. yeah thats what everyone is saying too!! good to hear

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota Hilux 3.8l vs v6 & 4L60E
Dual fuel memcal

Hello,
I have a Hilux with VS v6 ecotech. The guy that did the gas conversion said my PCM wont work with a dual fuel map. He set it up with extra parts which turn off the injectors etc to get around it.

I would like to get the correct pcm and then adjust my memcal to suit. I have the manual for the gas kit, it tells me the correct pcm to use.
Is there much difference in the lpg memcal tuning as compared to running lpg with the standard petrol tune. Is it worth doing?
Thanks.

Last edited:

teebo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr 2 v6 stock shita
G'Day Dr Bob and members,

I have yet another commodore discrepancy (doesn't seem to end these failures on my bombadore, it is a holden I geuss).

Every time I bleed my brake lines and use them, they are very responsive and require very little or light depression. However after a couple of uses (around the neighborhood block) they loose responsiveness and become slightly less responsive and require a little more pressure. They do not travell, although they do require firm pressure, yet not having to stand on them, and this becomes quite painful after a drive into town. They still pull the car up and stop rather well when you stand on them. But not quite like new or how they used to be. Rotors, pads, fluid are new, no leaks can be seen anywhere. Its like air is leaking out or into somewhere and disspersing that responsiveness I get fresh after a bleed.

Need some guidance, cheers!

soniamaree1969

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt executive
is it a blown head or blown engine

tonight i pulled my commodore 97 vt up to drop my son off and the temp gauge went straight up to hot like with in 10 seconds. i had to move my car off drive way and then turned it back off and then when i parked it all this horrible light brown stuff was on the road. well i figure it was a mix of oil water and coolant. it came out the place where you put the coolant in. when the car cooled down i took radiator cap off and more of this stuff come out of there. i only had car for 4 months and love it. has been running perfect with out missing a beat till that moment i pulled up. what do you think it is. your advice will be greatly appreciated.
sonia

sycvs

commo for life
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs executive
hi need help on changing vs wheel bearing i know its a whole hub and mine non abs cheers

xlautomotive

BIG CAMO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ CALAIS
Hi Dr Bob, I am putting a 308 out of a VK into a LX Torana and wanting to use a Vk engine harness and make a small patch harness into the original Torana harness. Just wondering if you have any wiring diagrams for either VK V8 Harness or the LX Torana Harness so as I can marry the 2?
Cheers, Cam........

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
I was wondering if you might be able to explain what i need to do to get my commodore running again? I just put a trans out of a vr t-bar into my vs collumn shift but now i cant get the bastard to start. the reverse lights dont come on and i dont have a wiring diagram to show me what wires to check for problems

On the left side of the gearbox there should be a black roundish flat box with wires coming out of it. You should have had it on your old gearbox. It is the neutral start, reverse switch. It sits over the shift rod that comes out of the gearbox. The wires go along the left side of the box then up through the floor to a connector at the front of the console.

gibbo

Reaction score
Members Ride
hi bob. iv been told you would be able to help me with this problem. i have a v6 ecotech and t5 gearbox out of a vs commodore sedan sitting in my lx torana. all is sweet and im happy with it but this thig has fought me all the way. and now im having trouble with the body moduel. i need to some how by pass it to trick the computer into thinking its the right key starting the car. the origional body modual was only the basic style with the 3pin plug not the 5 pin plug. some one said it was a matter of changing the memcal. how do i disable this bcm signal? you help will be very much appreciated.

thank you so much mate. take care. glen

try Rob's Creative Calibrations, you are right you need to reprogram the memcal, if the body module came from the same car as the computer you would be ok, if not the memcal needs to have the security turned off.

Status
Not open for further replies.