Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] ATTENTION! (Chopped Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hsv26c

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN SV150
Last night i went for a cruise to the city,Whilst heading home down lygon st close to the corner of brunswick rd i noticed a white vn on the side of lygon st just past the old railway hump.I pulled over as the driver looked stressed and the car was a mess.I walked to the left of his car and though FFAAARRKK what happened bud? Story goes he had king spring lows in the rear and cut 2 and a half coils off and put on some ceptors on the rear (15") to dump his beast } but as he flew over the bump the left coil fell out to the left and cut the tyre,brake hose and he landed real hard which bent the strut and pushed the diff to the right about 10 cms. I thinks you idiot.Hes like yeah its my stupid mistake should of thrown some cable ties on springs,bhaaahahahaha lol
Basically i think this issue on cut springs has been covered many times? but i never took it quite serious myself untill i actually saw the danger it poses and the damage it can cause.

I just hope my message will reach some young drivers as this guy only had is licence for 3 months.Im not having a go at the youngies but just want to alert others aswell who choose to hit an agle grinder to their coils,DONT DO IT its friggin scary and deadly\
Also very costly as i think its going to set this dude back atleast a grand to fix his undercarriage.
I left the twat in the mess as he was to busy calling his mate and bragging about gettin airborne and how sick it was???:bang:
CONCLUSION?? Your life and others life is worth more than a few hundred bux.Buy propper and trapped lowered springs.

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina
i wouldve called the cops on the moron too, and tell them to check the springs immediately

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Thank christ he didnt take out any pedestrians etc.

Sadly this site has these sorts of idiots that think these sort of mods are fine. We can only hope their idiocy does not kill someone.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr

Sadly this site has these sorts of idiots that think these sort of mods are fine. We can only hope their idiocy does not kill someone.

+1, totally agree

i'm timmy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn calais

+2 I have seen cut springs in the front pop out and snap brake lines and the car ends up in a tree or something!!

it is stupid and if you have them heed the warning and take them out please before you kill yourself or someone else!!!

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5

I'll follow suit with a +3.

Morons.

GetToDaChopa

Blues Brother # 2
Reaction score
Members Ride
The Blues Mobile
As funny as it is unfortunately he could have killed someone (or himself). And he did not learn his lesson, cable ties!?!? cable ties would have solved his problem?

B

BXHD

What an idiot! that is sooo dangerous!! i hope the cops were trolling that street and found him! :cops:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi

99% of the 'cut spring' threads get put in their place. I know i've posted in a few in the last few months.

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
99% of the 'cut spring' threads get put in their place. I know i've posted in a few in the last few months.

Pity the other dangerous modification don't, then the road might be a safer place.

Status
Not open for further replies.