Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] ATTENTION! (Chopped Springs)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thomas1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Statesman
Pity the other dangerous modification don't, then the road might be a safer place.

I think most of our members do the right thing and modify their cars in a safe manner. There are a few exceptions though...

hsvpunk

volunteer firefighter
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss II M6
typical vn driver... :bang:

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Pity the other dangerous modification don't, then the road might be a safer place.

As far as i can tell, most people here know what a dangerous mod is, and rip into people if they say they are doing something stupid. I doubt any member here would sit by and not post ina thread for a guy who wants 1000hp with drum brakes all round..... (exaggerated hypothetical)

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
As far as i can tell, most people here know what a dangerous mod is, and rip into people if they say they are doing something stupid. I doubt any member here would sit by and not post ina thread for a guy who wants 1000hp with drum brakes all round..... (exaggerated hypothetical)

That's true some of the time. Not all. There are always those people who mod and think what they are doing is fine because they claim to know their limitations have never experienced failure as a result.
Chopped springs is a very obvious one though. if they do it then i offer them a place in hell to burn for eternity and hope they do so solo.
Generally though, yes, we do shun idiocy here, or ignore it, certainly don't encourage it (most)

VN_Luke

ƃuoɹʍ ʇsnɾ sı sıɥʇ
Reaction score
Members Ride
Get in the ute
.... so if he had of bought "super duper hektik extra low" springs for 300 bux that are the same free length as the ones he cut - it wouldn't have happened?

cut springs are likely to make your car handle and feel like crap - but they don't just jump out because they are cut.

They jump out because someone hasn't bothered to run a shortened shock absorber to suit the reduced travel requirement of any spring that's free-height is shorter than a standard spring.

Conclusion: This sort of thing can happen to anyone that's running lowered springs WITHOUT having changed the shocks. - whether they forked out a few hundred bucks of hard earnt plastic printed, clear windowed goodness - or got crafty with an angle grinder.

Even king spring 'lows' will jump out - on a bad day with standard shocks and some serious train crossing action :)

I dunno how springs would jump out from the front of a commodore? unless they become massively dislodged and break the strut rod or something?

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
99% of the 'cut spring' threads get put in their place. I know i've posted in a few in the last few months.

The sad thing is, we still get idiots on the forum who state their intention to fit them, or tell us they already have fitted them to their cars, and then defend their actions when the flak starts.

jujibelly

ERROR_PATH_NOT_FOUND
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Commodore
That's why insurance premiums are ridiculous. Wanker.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Suck ****. Glad no one was hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.