Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Attn: P platers

B

BXHD

gday gday.
I am having a hard time with insurance.
So im am interested in what u have to say about ur insurance.

1)What company are u with?
2)How much yearly? (comprehensive)
3)What car your have insured?
4)What mods have they covered/know about? :p

Im after the p platers experiance with the companies, but if you have any tips for me it would be GREATLY appreciated.
I started a new thread because i cbf with info from 2-5 years ago..:whistling

THANKS IN ADVANCE GUYS!! :dance:

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
BHXD - im pretty sure only just recently, there was a thread about this, but in a nutshell, for P Platers driving even slightly modified vehicles, Just Car's is the best bet.. However make sur you tell them everything you have done to the car to modify it from factory.

B

BXHD

yeh it was about insuring a modified car. but i wanted to know about p platers actual experience in doing so :) thanx tho.

shiftySLE

The Lion will never Die!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SLE, VZ Acclaim
Insure it under a parent if you can, cheap as anything and legal for half the price.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Storm SII
Im pretty sure it would be impossible to make any new thread on this Forum without someone mentioning it has been posted before. There is only a limited amount of things you can talk about when it comes to cars, so unless you want this forum to die out your gonna have to live with the fact that sometimes topics get brought up mulitple times.

I found the cheapest was NRMA for a VYstorm and after a year i have a 25% discount. 220~/month

A really good insurer is Suncorp, if your parents are insured with them too. Up to 60% familiy discount - dont know if this is still available.

I heard Just Car is okay, but you will have to have the excess in your bank at all times, and Just car excess is pretty high.

Victimiza

LG, v8.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT II SS 380rwhp, VZ calais
best to insure under your own name, that way you may get your no claim discount for further down the track.

I insured my car with justcars prior to getting off P plates, their insurance is cheaper for a modded v8 than insuring a std v8 with companies such as HBF.

p.s. don't ADjust your excess, it's not worth it, just pay the std premium.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
1)What company are u with? AAMI
2)How much yearly? (comprehensive) I'm only 3rd party Fire and Theft, $400
3)What car your have insured? 1991 Ford Laser TX3
4)What mods have they covered/know about? Rims, Stereo, paint job, tint

redcv6

supercharged intercooled
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss ute, diesel landcruiser 100s, hq panel van
AAMI
full comp $768, works out to about $4000 excess if i crash it
cv6 monaro (supercharged)
They are not aware of any of the modifications i have. although i was thinking about ringing them, to see what they have to say about me slapping on a turbo haha.