Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] Attn: P platers

B

BXHD

ok well sort it with the insurance company.

eg give them a ring. tell them your getting insurance, am i able to lower the car AFTER i get insurance with you and still be covered?

if they say no (then that's gay as aids) if yes then i think they will adjust your insurance by X amount. pay the difference and alls worked out?

maybe... atleast it works in my head. haha

haha yeh thanx.. the only thing is, they will be a bit weird if i call up to lower my dad's car (which is wat he told them)

wow it would suck if they read this somehow!!! shittttt.

D-Man

All over it...
Reaction score
Website
www.nextdigital.com
Members Ride
99 VT Calais II v6
haha yeh thanx.. the only thing is, they will be a bit weird if i call up to lower my dad's car (which is wat he told them)

wow it would suck if they read this somehow!!! shittttt.

ahh yes well i missed the "dad's on the insurance" bit.. well that kinda sucks then.

im trying not to be too rude but your dad sounds pretty ignorant of the fact that to save a couple of dollars he May, (i say may because they may or may not cover a crash) have to pay out or you may have to pay out a bigger sum for the car if there is a crash, and lose out.

to me that's stupidity!

which practically means your between a rock and a hard place...i feel sorry for you. and hope your dad realises it.

Cúl-Báire

Reaction score
Members Ride
AUII XR8 Ute & BAII XR6
So im am interested in what u have to say about ur insurance.

1)What company are u with?
2)How much yearly? (comprehensive)
3)What car your have insured?
4)What mods have they covered/know about? :p

1) GIO - I have always had my cars insured with GIO, made two claims which they have been very helpful with (one my fault, the other not my fault), they might be a bit more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion.

2) $1440 per annum.

3) VT SS Commodore - 5ltr V8, fully optioned. (Agreed value at 11k, I only paid 6.5k for it).

4) Mods covered - stereo, professionally lowered, mags.

I am lucky enough to be over 25yo so although I am still a P - plater, and have a rather poor driving record I am less risk than your average 18yo hoon. Interestingly enough they would not insure my girlfriend who is 23yo had her license since 18yo with a perfect driving record / no claims to drive my car because it's a "performance vehicle" .lol. :p

B

BXHD

ahh yes well i missed the "dad's on the insurance" bit.. well that kinda sucks then.

im trying not to be too rude but your dad sounds pretty ignorant of the fact that to save a couple of dollars he May, (i say may because they may or may not cover a crash) have to pay out or you may have to pay out a bigger sum for the car if there is a crash, and lose out.

to me that's stupidity!

which practically means your between a rock and a hard place...i feel sorry for you. and hope your dad realises it.

yeh i know. thanx for the advice. i dont know what to do :supersad:

`redoctober

All show, baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais - Senator Replica
HOLY ****!!! 2400 A YEAR?!?! Jesus that's expensive.

Mine is $1200 a year, $700 excess, insured for $11,000. With Elders. But i'm not on my P's.

Yes, because I drive a VE Calais with $12,000 in exterior mods.

B

BXHD

Well its not as if lowered car is going to make much difference on the premiums anyway. Its not as if youve got a supercharger poking out of the bonet.

Also... I disagree with D-man. I wouldnt settle for just 3rd party. Shes got a VZ. Normally if it was a VS or something and was only worth 5 grand id say stuff it just get 3rd party, but I doubt her car cost 5 grand.

I WISHHHHHH it cost only 5 grand!!!
that would be great!

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
Just a question... is the suspension a legal height? Because Ill be blunt, your dad sounds like one of those pedantic people that watches ACA and thinks young people are the devil. If its not legal, would he object to lowering it at a legal height?

Its going to be a ****load easier with him on your side with insurance.

B

BXHD

Just a question... is the suspension a legal height? Because Ill be blunt, your dad sounds like one of those pedantic people that watches ACA and thinks young people are the devil. If its not legal, would he object to lowering it at a legal height?

Its going to be a ****load easier with him on your side with insurance.

at the moment it isnt legal at the front. i dont know why the guy made the front sooo low and the back not much lowere than standard.
the FE2 springs are going back in for the roadworthy. then i was going to lower it again in the next few months. or when i can afford it. but atm it has something lyk ultra lows in the front.
and it scrapes everywhere, the bumper has been pulled off and is trashed on the bottom.. i was driving around yea for a total of half an hour and scraped 4 times. one was pretty bad. i was going REALLY slow and trying to angle it down off a ramp-like exit onto the road and it sounded lyk it was going to snap. i freaked!!

i think he is just trying to get me out of wanting to waste endless amounts of money on cars lyk he has done his whole life.. i cant help it tho :p

Adriianz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GTS
mate just cars is best in my opinion. they will insure a p plater with a done-up commodore, near no other place will... :(